Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Still Life With Strawberries

okay ~oof~ at being the first review, i always get nervous posting my thoughts before reading what others think 🫣 but - here’s my review i wrote on facebook:

okay, i got mine today and i am testing it right now - 

it’s … far different than i was expecting 

i definitely agree with the ‘chilly’ descriptor (someone commented it was chilly smelling) but it’s moreeee .. dusty and masculine? i hate using gender related words to describe scents, but i really can’t think of another way to explain it. i get a little hint of the strawberries, reading more just as a general sweetness 

the longer it’s on my wrist the less prominent the marble(?) note is, but it’s still pretty cologne~esque on me

(fwiw - i JUST got this in the mail like 3 hours ago, it is not at all rested)

Edited by kaileycatface

This is very much strawberry without feeling fruity which is interesting. It is a little more floral on the skin than in the bottle, but still in a kind of strawberry way that I don't mind.  The juice note is really interesting too, it's kind of strawberry but thin. It lacks the body of a fruitier strawberry note.  The strawberries are a lot stronger than the marble note on the skin, but it's definite under there still, cool and smooth and stony. It's definitely coming in more in the drydown though, as the juice note fades back a bit. This is honestly a really interesting combination.

This was less strawberry than I was expecting it to be, actually. I got a leaf-like note from this that might be from the strawberry blossom? The strawberry juice is present, but in the background on me. Even the marble note is stronger, which for a while has a mineral quality to it (there's no orris here, fortunately!), but then has a slight salty, yet smooth aquatic vibe to it by the end of the day? 

If you're looking for sweet strawberry, you might be happier with Strawberry Moon 2022 or Burnt Sugar, Cream, and Strawberries. But if you're looking for a more atmospheric strawberry that's more plant-like and are down for some mineral-y marble, this might be up your alley. I appreciate the marble, but I'm not sure I can pull through the unexpected leaf-y beginning to get to it.

I get a bright, bold burst of seedy strawberries from the time I even crack the decant. Those blends where you can even smell the skin of the fruit? That's a lot like this one is for me. I seem to smell the freshly bitten strawberry, but also the little greenish-tan seeds over its surface. Basically, this perfume smells like a strawberry closeup.

It takes quite a while for any of the marble to slide out from under the bombastic berry. Once it does, it adds a little smoothness and sophistication. But mostly, this is a potent strawberry blend, suitable for anytime spring through summer's end.

This is NOT a foodie/fruity strawberry blend. It’s subtle strawberry with floral and marble notes. The marble is mineral, salty, aquatic as doomsay_disco described perfectly. It actually feels similar to Cathedral like the marble is covered in a dusting of church incense.  And then dribbled with strawberry juice, I guess. And there’s also a clean, green (shampoo-like) note, the strawberry leaves? A complex, one-of-a-kind perfume for sure! Nice.

Okay... This is AMAZINGGGGGGG!!! I get the juicy but slightly tart strawberries and hints of green notes. I'm not sure what shadowed marble smells like but here, it feels a bit cold, a bit chilly, but gorgeous. I can't describe this scent well other than I'm in love with it. It's a more sophisticated strawberry scent that is not too sweet, not too green, a perfect balance of both. Just like Casablanca says, it smells like sniffing a strawberry up close but there is something about it that smells very dewy? very fresh. 

Fruity strawberry soap! Fresh strawberries, hint of green, and the marble just smells like soap. Medium throw, and wear length.