Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Billowing clouds of iris root drift behind aged wood, pond water, wild grasses, dandelions, and horsetail.

This starts off as a blast of bitter green wild grasses and weeds. Not sure what horsetail smells like irl, but it might be what's contributing to the bitter green scent. As it dries down, that bitterness settles a bit, there's still greenery but these clean "perfumey" notes begin to dominate, and I can't tell if it's because of the iris root or the aquatic notes of the pond water (could be both? lots of aquatics tend to go perfume-y verging on laundry detergent or bathroom candle on me). I love grass notes in perfume but I think the iris root and pond water notes aren't working for my tastes or personal skin chemistry, happy I got to try a decant but wouldn't full size.

A blast of bitter green wild grasses sounds right. There's a raw, unauthored quality to this: as though a stray hiker found a little-touched, overgrown, and thoroughly overlooked area and opted to spend the day there, maybe sketching, even though it's not what would ever make a brochure or most people's ideas of idyllic nature. It simply is, as it grew, sculpted by the courses of wind and sun and the nourishment of sandy soils.

In drydown, the bitterness and greenness subside, and whiffs of powdery orris emerge. I never notice other notes.