Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Margaret Magdalena Muffinhead

Miss Margaret Magdalena is a chocolate lab baby so her perfume is a thick, smoky fudge brownie scent with a heavy handful of coffee beans. She has golden eyes with a hint of green, so I added a bit of caramelized amber and green cardamom.

Cocoa bombs! Thick, fudgey cocoa bombs. No coffee to be found. Then the chocolate steps back almost completely and the most gorgeous carmelized amber appears with a touch of sweet cardamom. Incredible!! Getting another asap.. that caramelized amber is to die for.. 

This is like a freshly baked pan of caramel swirled brownies. It's so fudgy and delicious. I do get a bit of coffee, maybe a smidge less than the coffee in El Dia de los Reyes. It's just enough to add a bit of bitterness to the rich brownie note. The green cardamom adds a spicy element that keeps this out of cloying territory. I don't get very much smoke, but it might be hiding in the cardamom. The amber is quite good. It's rich and caramelized but just a little dusty.

The Lab does chocolate so well and this is no exception. It's yummy and cuddly!

It's fudgy in the bottle, but the coffee appears immediately on my skin. It takes a little while for the amber to peep out, and the cardamom mostly just holds the scent together rather than being a noticeable ingredient, but this is mostly cocoa-tinged coffee on me - and I am totally okay with this. It's a somewhat dry scent, and it lasts several hours, but it doesn't have a lot of throw. I particularly like dabbing it in my hair and getting a nice whiff when I take it down after work.

A thick fudgy brownie, rich and decadent and delicious! Mmm. The coffee is there, but just a hint - the way that, if you make a chocolate cake using coffee as part of the liquid ingredients, it just adds a depth of flavor and a little darkness. After a few minutes little wafts of amber and cardamom appear, adding some complexity, but it stays primarily a big soft gooey fudge brownie on me - which I like!

is this the most perfect comfort scent of all time? I would not be surprised. I'm definitely getting the coffee beans. they lend an atmospheric coffeehouse sort of vibe. rather, with the hint of spices, it's more of a homey kitchen thing: someone made a pot of coffee before baking a pan of brownies, "come on in and have a seat." so heartwarming and cozy. 

This is so nice. At first it's all warm fudge brownie, then the coffee comes out and adds even more depth. I notice the cardamom and amber more on the dry down, and eventually this settles into a lovely gourmand vanilla with wisps of coffee and spice. This will definitely be a crowd pleaser. 

My experience while wet and on the drydown is pretty much what everyone else is reporting: strong fudgie brownie at the start, followed by a coffee dominant phase, and then the caramelized amber (which really does smell like that) and a very chill cardamom. It's spicy, but there's not even a hint of the spice bomb situation that green cardamom can turn into.

After drydown, it's one of those magical scents that's created with foodie notes, and yet still smells very much like a perfume, in the best way. The dry scent for me is caramelized amber with a side of not too spicy green cardamom; I get occassional wafts of dark chocolate and to a lesser extent coffee, but it's mostly the amber and cardamom. It's got kind of a light-medium throw, but not so much that I can't smell it. It lasted pretty well for a few hours, but then it started to fade-which is pretty normal for perfume with these notes. Chocolate is the last note left standing. 

This feels like a fall scent to me, it's very cozy, so I see myself wearing it much more once the temps chill a bit.

Starts off with a blast of fudgy brownies, and dries down on me to black coffee with caramel, cocoa, and a hint of cardamom mixed in. Cozy, fairly dry, low throw. 

On the skin this keeps its wonderful blend of very dark brownie and very dark coffee from the bottle.  They're both fantastic and the way they sort of blend into each other is also wonderful.  As it dries I'm getting a little bit of the amber, soft and sweet and a little more powdery than I'd like, but not enough to overwhelm the coffee/brownie.  I'm not really getting any of the cardamom, but I'm not sure I even really mind since the rest of this is so nice.

I'm really amping up the smoked part of the smoked amber in this one, because while it went on as a caramel-swirled brownie, it quickly became a smoky chocolate scent on me and stayed there. There's some dark coffee in the background and a bit of cardamom, but mostly, it's a smoky brownie on me.

I was hoping for less smokiness and will see if my bottle changes after it has had more time to settle, but right now, I'm thinking I wouldn't reach for this over Bliss or Lump of Coal.

ETA: I retested this after a month, and it's even smokier on me than before. I think there's a black patch mixed in the smoked amber.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Thicc fudgey-brownie with some rich, smoky black coffee beans somewhere nearby in this kitchen. I catch little whiffs of cardamom and caramel now and then; they come and go. 

When Muffinhead dries, she brings almost as much coffee as brownie. These roasted black coffee beans are amazing, and a thing I want more of.

I wouldn't normally need a bottle of fudge brownie, but Muffinhead tempts me to upgrade, anyway, through her coffee.

My bottle is from the restock, if that matters.
Goes on with a chocolate that reminds me of chocolate scented markers, an amber that's turning baby powdery on my skin, and a really thick, cloying caramel. 
After about 20 minutes, the rough edges of this seem to have smoothed and it smells like opening a packet of salted caramel hot chocolate and smelling the dry mix.  Still very sweet and distinctly dry, but not quite so artificial or overwhelming to me.
I don't get any of the smoke, coffee or cardamom.
Muffinhead starts off strong, but is gone by the three hour mark on my skin.

Well it’s a chocolate brownie so obviously it’s amazing lol. And it’s like the kind Martha Stewart or Ina Garten would approve of, with coffee and cardamom added to amplify and compliment the chocolate. And the caramelized amber is there too, with its syrupy sweet warmth. Fancy gourmet notes notwithstanding, this is a sweet, decadent, gooey, fudgy comfort scent you wanna sink your teeth into. That cardamom is just so dang interesting too! For real! It keeps popping up and confusing my nose in the best way. I definitely already own enough chocolate scents yet I’m still gonna want a bottle of this!

I didn’t think I’d want to smell like brownies, but it turns out I do! This is a cozy evening scent for me. I put it on after my chores are done for the day. It is so reassuring and the lab on the label looks exactly like my mom’s beloved dog that passed barely a year ago named Dexter, so this scent is all kinds of good vibes to me. I feel as if I am summoning Dexter to cuddle up with again while eating brownies and drinking cardamom coffee. 

It's like a perfect blend of Bliss and Beaver Moon 2019. I don't really detect the cardamom (which I've come to realize is not really a scent for me, so I am glad). 

Even though I have a number of chocolate/cocoa scents, this is a unique enough scent that I am pleased with this blind-purchase.

This starts out as a very thick fudgey brownie (which I have been craving because work stress), much chocolate with a hint of coffee which I think is like the secret ingredient to making some damn good brownies. The smokiness is subtle, I love it. Eventually it settles and the cardamom comes out! It's more like cardamom and cocoa vs chocolate, but just as yummy imo. I trust that the amber is there, anchoring it all. This isn't super sweet either, other than that initial fudge brownie opening. This was an excellent blind buy for me! I will note that it's low throw and lasted about 5 noticeable hours on me.

Lump of Coal, is that you? I swear this smells like a fudgier version of Lump of Coal. Anyway. For those of you that missed out on Lump of Coal, want to smell like chocolate fudge or simply love chocolate labs, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.