Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Elder Blossoms, Champagne, and Blackcurrant

On first application, a delicate, lightly sweet (rather than dry) champagne fizzes up on my skin (and gets on my nose, oops).

This is a pretty champagne note compared to some, with fewer nose-tickling fizz-bubbles and a little more sweetness. Elder flowers may be absent --- or they may be that bit of sweetness, since I don't remember smelling them on their own before?

A lot of flowers bloom as middle notes, so I wait a bit... and then I think I may have them. They smell like a very light, almost playful, floral honey... nice. They play well with this spring-like champagne. This is a pretty spring blend that may (based on the silence above me) not be getting the attention it merits.

But I'm a black currant ho, and where is she? I know she likes to show up late and sneak in. 

Eventually, I find a little shadow of black currant along the back wall of this party. Sneaking indeed. She is so lovely, and I wish she came into the light more here. But this is a pretty perfume, still.

This is so interesting because unlike Casablanca's review, on me the Black Currant stomps all over the Elder Blossoms and Champagne. On application this has a really light, elegant champagne and - gin maybe? - feel to it. Like I imagine wearing this while sipping a fancy gin cocktail in a speakeasy. It's so nice. Then about an hour in, OH NO HERE COMES BLACK CURRANT. Once it shows up, it's a Black Currant party. I keep giving this another chance because the first hour is so good, though.

Elder blossom and champagne - so there's a cocktail that has champagne and elder blossom. Medium throw and wear length.