Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Apple Pulp, Amber, and Frankincense

You know when you get a trio that leads with Apple Pulp that this is going to be an Apple Ride and we're just keeping arms and legs inside the doombuggy at all time. The other notes sounded gorgeous with it, so I jumped on this ride.

Ohhh this is what Astarte was like when fresh! A beautiful golden apple incense, elegant and elevated. There is some juiciness to the apple, but it's not green or red, to me it's golden. The amber is no doubt responsible for some of the gilding, giving it a softly glowing resinous quality. Frankincense can be harder to isolate, but it is the elegance and the nod to incense that infuses this trio. There's even that slight woodiness that incense sticks give off. 

Even though this trio is relatively simple, I feel like it has a good place in my collection, filling the hole that Astarte has left when she aged into something too floral for my taste. If you loved the amber and frankincense in In Splendoribus Sanctorum, and you get along with apple, give this trio a try. It is so not Country Apple; it's Little Gold Dress apple. (And if you loved OR missed the Vetiver Patchouli Apple Peel trio, you need to check out her more ~classic cousin here.)

I would wear this while: planning my next trip to an apple orchard on a sunny-crisp fall day.

The amber and frankincense aren't really coming through on my skin and the apple part reminds me of apple juice + apple scented air freshener.  I always want to love apple, but my brain associates it too much with air freshener after years of smelling in Febreze and candles.

Lush golden apples, freshly cut and juicy, with frankincense adrift in the background. This could be the aroma of the apples left to entice and distract Atalanta from winning her race --- they would certainly distract me.

Amber doesn't stand out on its own for me here, but no doubt it contributes to the sunrise/sunset gold cast over everything in the blend.

Despite the presence of incense, this is not smoky. (If it were, I'd probably give in and buy it!) But as it is, I have a lot of apple blends... and only because of that, I won't be carting this. If you love golden apple perfumes, this is one to try.