Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

With My Sythe My Mede I Mawe

The scent of fresh-cut grains, warm wool, baked bread, honey cakes, custards, and crushed fennel suffused with the life-affirming smoke of cooking fires.

This is a really nice blend!  When I put it on last night (without remembering the notes), it smelled to me like buttered toast (made from hearty, tasty bread) with orange marmalade.   It was a comforting scent to wear to bed, and I still smell traces of it on my wrist in the morning.  The fennel is not licorice-ey, but I think that note plus the honey is what brings the citrus peel to mind when I smell it.  I don't get much smoke, but it does smell like toasted or freshly baked bread.  

I've really been enjoying these Labors of the Months scents!  

Warm bread! Honey cakes! (And oh, there's fennel!)

Those are the initial thoughts on applying this, and also "It's uber-harvesty."

Along with general grain feels, I find a lot of baked bread and some honey cakes. The fennel is a little black-peppery in tone, and otherwise just like dried whole fennel seed in a seasoning jar. (I love throwing them on pizza.) I love herbs in fragrances, so I'm happy to smell this here.

The honey cakes are short-lived on me; by the time this dries, it's almost entirely warm-baked bread, with a smear of melted butter.

Lots of thick, sugary honey mixture poured over freshly baked bread with whiffs of warm, spicy smoke and a dry undertone that makes me think of flour, scratchy wool and dry hay.  It has a very cozy, old timey feel to it, like walking into a house warmed by a fireplace and smelling freshly baked breads while people sit in scratchy dresses and do their knitting.  I don't enjoy the realistic scent of honey, but this is like a thicker, sweeter version of honey that I'm really enjoying, and I like the spiciness here, which doesn't exactly smell like fennel/anise to me, but has a savory sweetness that makes me hungry...  It's a cozy fall scent that's both familiar and unusual to me at the same time.

Honey cakes with a dab of butter. Not overly buttery. And custard, sweet and rich. And the lab’s wool note is also there. It’s a good one. Real wool is itchy so I have no idea if it’s true-to-life. But it adds depth to this otherwise foodie blend. I’m not picking up fennel or smoke. But I do love a good baked goods scent. They’re comforting and cozy. I’m especially partial to ones with oats and rice, but I can dig this bread-y vibe right here!