Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Spun sugar, skin musk, orris butter, pale amber, whipped vanilla, and rose petals.

Sniffing this in the bottle, my first impression is that it's bright and deep at the same time.

On my skin, it unfolds into something lovely. The skin musk, orris butter, and pale amber notes sort of make a chord together, all light and clean but not at all sterile or high-pitched. The rose and vanilla seem melded together. I wonder if people who are hesitant about rose might like this one. The rose has a very velvety feel to it, and I don't parse this as a floral dominant blend at all. The spun sugar adds some ethereal sweetness. It's a scent that feels like it has a lot of texture to it, somehow.

I'm definitely keeping this bottle. Love it.

This is perhaps the creamiest vanilla-rose scent I've tried! Definitely Katrina Van Tassel adjacent, so if that's one you've been pining for, definitely give From Whose Eyes As They Glance Flowed Love a try. This goes on with a dewy, gentle rose, and as it wears the sugar, whipped vanilla, and skin musk come to the front and the rose recedes. The lasting scent is a glowing your-skin-but-better vanilla. I really enjoy these skin musk/floral/vanilla blends (in the same family as Like the Very Gods and On Wednesday, I Will Promise You a Phantom), and this is an utterly gorgeous addition to that family.

This is the perfect creamy, vanilla rose scent. It is gorgeous. The whipped vanilla and Orris butter give this scent a creamy feel even if there is no cream here. I can also smell the skin musk and sugar. I love this alot. 

This was instant love. I typically go for the deeper darker scent families, but occasionally something sweet and girly appeals, and this is right there and an instant bottle upgrade. Highly recommend if these notes call to you. Sweet, sugary, creamy rose. 

It's undoubtedly rosy, sort of punching me in the face with a blast of rose when I unscrew the cap. Do not let this daunt you. The rose calms down quickly but doesn't vanish entirely.

After I put it on, the rose quiets down and is accompanied by a gentle cloud of sweetness. This is a fragrance that is unobtrusive and stays close to the skin. I tried putting this on one wrist and Precious Beauty on the other yesterday, and Precious Beauty completely overpowers it. Subtlety and intimacy are the name of the game here.

Perhaps because it is orris "butter" and not regular orris, this doesn't go dusty on me in the way the orris in Blood Pearl (among others) does. Amber, another one that often goes dusty/powdery, is also behaving this time. They are noticeable, but not bothersome.

The rose, likewise, is fresh. I've never actually had a rose go powdery on me that I can remember, but I've heard it can happen.

Rose, vanilla, and skin musk are the stars of the show. As I've been testing it, the word "fluffy" keeps coming to mind. I suppose it's a cuddly scent that suits its name.

Oh my, this is intensely beautiful and also very nostalgic (for me). I completely agree that it's a very close match for Katrina Van Tassel (which was a bottle in my very first order from BPAL ever and a reigning favorite for years!).

I find it to be a brighter, slightly more fresh and more complex version of KVT. I had thought perhaps I outgrew KVT, or at the very least some dairy notes stopped playing nice on my skin (doesn't appear to be any in this-- and yet it's unbelievably creamy, on the dry side). But this is just comforting and pretty to wear. Fresh enough to not be overly sweet or cloying, but creamy and dry enough to not be at all astringent. 

I know it doesn't say white rose... but it definitely smells like white rose to me in this blend. Either that or very pale pink; light, creamy, and not obtrusive at all. The sugar, musk, orris, amber, and vanilla are an incredible balanced symphony upholding the rose (they seem to create the perfect non-foody cream scent imaginable) and while it remains light it somehow also has a touch of complexity I thought KVT lacked. 

2024 Edit: 

A year and a half later I found this bottle I had stashed somewhere, and having completely forgotten the notes tried it on. I think it must have changed some while aging. based on what I said about it before, and how surprised I was at how it smelled this time. 

I will say it's a little less creamy, a little less KVT on me now. A little more woody, resinous, and dry. Although there is a red fruit scent in it somehow that I can't place? I don't really understand it, but sniffing it from the bottle I got a strong fruity top note, jammy almost, and even on the skin-- fresh especially, but even in the drydown, some kind of red fruit note, maybe currant or something like that, persists. Most strongly manifesting now is Orris and skin musk on me however, it seems.  In the final stages a warm, toasty, yummy ultra-dry amber comes out with just a hint of floral left.

Edited by Shadowdawn

Sniffed straight from the decant I had a moment of HOLY $HIT LOVE’S BABY SOFT. Like, genuine flashback episode; I could feel the crimp in my hair. It was not as unpleasant as one might expect.

Then on the skin this blossomed a little better, and it turned into a strong rosewater smell. Not old lady-like, though, and I think it’s probably that pale amber keeping it from creeping into Victoriana territory. The scent has heavy sillage at first as it dries down, but then sticks very close to the skin. It manages to be both a little girly and a bit sophisticated all at once. I like it.

Whew, this one snuck up on me. I did not think it would be my jam, but it might be my favorite of the bunch. It wears so well! I keep getting whiffs of it throughout the day and smiling to myself.

I would say you ought to enjoy rose to ride this ride, and certainly these notes wear differently for everyone, but I'm getting an effect that skews more to creamy than to powdery. It's soft, vibrant, and well-balanced - not too sweet. Old fashioned in a classy, timeless way, rather than stuffy or outdated.

This is definitely a "your skin but better" perfume. The throw is pretty low, but it makes me feel like my skin is radiating a soft aura of good smell when I wear it. Thankfully, this does not go plastic on me, which happens with vanilla and sugar notes sometimes. It's beautifully blended and settles into a creamy vanilla cloud sprinkled with rose petals. Rose can be overpowering sometimes, but here the rose is a supporting player like the other notes.

This perfume feels special, like you're giving yourself a hug when you wear it. I was nervous about the rose but I actually really like it!

In the throw of a soft cloud, this one brings an orris-vanilla musk, creamy and smooth as butter and infused with sugary roses.

From Whose Eyes makes me imagine a fluffy serving of rose-scented, perfumey cotton candy in a carnival hosted by unicorns. It should be the perfume of ombre hair with at least three pastel colors.

This one is too musky for me, but I can see why the fuss. 🦄

This started off as a lovely, pink sugared rose on me, and I was here for it. But as time went on, the orris and skin musk emerged and it went from sugary floral goodness to a powdery orris musk bomb on me, along with some golden amber. And I like the amber... but I could do without the musky orris! :( 

I'm going to set my decant aside and test it after it has had more time to settle, but I don't think I'm going to win against orris on this one.

Gorgeous! Lush rose with sugar and vanilla. I love sugared, creamy floral blends. The orris butter is hiding. The skin musk adds warmth and makes it blend in with my skin, acting as amplifier for the rose and sugar notes. I want a bottle!

I’m not particularly in the mood to make an especially in-depth review, but this is still one I have to say something about.

I smelled this and my brain said Lush’s Rose Jam right away. It’s not a perfect match, I’m sure, but that’s still what I think when I smell this- despite no lemon note. This one is definitely really good, and my favorite of the perfumes I tried from this particular release (I also tried out Entwined with Swarming Snakes and Precious Beauty). If anyone’s curious on “most throw” out of the bunch, it’s probably Precious Beauty.

This perfume mostly smells sweet and a bit floral (definitely specifically rose). The sugar doesn’t tend to smell specifically “spun sugar” most of the time, aside from one time I walked inside a building after being in the heat and sun for a few minutes. I think that some of the other notes help to pull back the sugary aspect a bit to keep it from going full cotton candy most of the time, which I’m perfectly fine with.

First on, this is a bright, fresh, dewy, sweet tea rose made even sweeter by the spun sugar, vanilla, and orris, which make this smell like fresh roses dipped in powdered sugar. 
As it dries down, the amber comes in smelling dry, dark gold and resinous, giving the whole thing a more sophisticated, perfumelike edge.  The rose mostly fades away and just gives the amber and cotton candy a little bit of a pink, happy, fresh note.

Settles into pink cotton candy infused with resinous, dark gold amber and a hint of rose and stays that way for hours.

This is one of my favorite cotton candy fragrances and one of my favorite sugared amber scents.  Definitely hoard worthy.

This is going to be the world's most unhelpful review but this is a beautiful sweet scent where the notes meld together enough that I can't really distinguish them at all. On me it's creamy and not especially foody, just sweet and light. I guess I'd say primarily tea rose (soft and mild) with a non-foody vanilla. I think on me the amber and skin musk just work to blend everything seamlessly. 

On my skin, this is primarily a musky amber with orris. After it dries down some, I can smell the vanilla peeking out, but just barely. Very creamy (in a non-dairy way) vanilla. The blend overall trends sweet and musky. I don't get any rose at all. I had high hopes for this one but even after resting for several months, my skin just wants to amp up the skin musk and orris butter, and stomps everything else out, which is such a bummer!
It is a very lovely scent, just not for me. 

Edited by redwoobacca

I usually like to describe scents by mentioning what notes I detect because I find that most helpful when I’m reading other reviews, but for this one, all I can think is to just describe it as “absolutely beautiful” and a “perfect scent”.  Yes, I definitely notice a little rose, but it’s not overpowering. The remaining notes all blend together in ways that I can definitely tell they’re there, but no one note dominates. When I’m wearing this, every time I catch up a whiff I’m like, gosh, this smells so great. It’s probably one of my top five favorites released in the past few years…and maybe of all time!