Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: reptilian green, sharp and foreboding. On the skin: fresh, juicy green apple, soft, musky, inviting. 

If this perfume was a color, it would be glowstick-juice green. These snakes are partying. I may even say that "squirming" or "slithering" describe it better than "swarming," as this relatively simple combination of scents is lively, bright, and energetic, practically glowing.

All of the notes flawlessly blend into and enhance each other, making it utterly impossible to distinguish one from the other. If I blind tested it, I might be able to figure out that apples are involved, but it's generally a very singular experience with no morphing. It also lasts for much longer than I had expected. None of the scent notes ever seem to bail out, and while the throw isn't tremendous (I'd call it medium), I've been able to whiff this on myself for about 8 hours now.

Overall: It's lively, fun, and fresh, just as I had hoped it would be. It'd make a stellar scent to wear while working out or any other high-energy activities.

In the bottle, fresh and juicy. Out of the bottle, fresh and juicy! As another reviewer said "this relatively simple combination of scents is lively, bright and energetic, practically glowing. " You definately know that there is apple there, but the yuzu add this zing to it and the ti is just keeping it all from being too much. I plan on using this along with the Who's nibbling at my house" hair gloss to up the apple throw. 

At first glance, these notes might seem to belong to a very different perfume set than the Kindly Ones' furious rages. However, this apple (snakes, apples, it works) is a poisonous green apple that glows with almost gin-like strength. It reminds me a lot of a watermelon apple hand sanitizer I had as a kid because of that tart apple + gin smell (and the power of scent memory). The yuzu is amping up the tartness with a sparkle that is like a pink lemonade to my nose. This is much easier for me to wear than Snow Moon. Delicious.

The ti leaf is harder to discern, but if I think of Inside the Golden Amber of Her Eyeballs, I can picture it here as the darker green element giving the brighter notes their sinister, poisonous shading. The ti plant, a tropical plant from the Pacific Islands, has such a specific almost oakmossy dark green vibe that tends to not sit quite right with me, but it's giving just the right mood here. I think if you do get along with ti, this is an amazing artistic rendering of a blackish-green pile of swarming snakes.

My decant doesn't need upgrading, but I hope lots of people give this one a shot as an apple that has gone SUPER DARK AND SNAKEY.

Very apple-y, a bright green apple but not an overly tart one. While wet, I don't get much else other than that pleasant juicy apple note.

As it dries, something green and leafy starts to balance out the apple, but it remains a very apple-forward scent. Not much yuzu to be seen here, and what citrussy hints I'm getting fade quite quickly as the scent dries. I almost get something sort of soft and musky underneath the apples in the long drydown, but I'm not sure what it is given the note list!

Straight-up juicy green apple with a fresh, zingy twist of yuzu.

The green apple (very green) leans tart in drydown -- not full Granny Smith, but in the neighborhood.

I'm not getting much complexity here. There might be a bit of dry astringency from something, perhaps the ti leaf. But I don't find much that gets in the way of this bold apple and its bouncy yuzu sidekick.

Bright, green, fruity scent for anytime spring through fall.

The tart, green apple is the dominant note in this scent, backed by the yuzu and the sharp white tea note. It reminds me of a less sweet apple version of Peach XII (which features tea and grapefruit notes). It's also tarter than Rapunzel in Ballpoint, and could be a cousin to the Snow Glass Apples v4 prototype that was a con exclusive some years ago. I get more yuzu and ti leaf toward the end of the day, which are much appreciated, but for the most part, this scent is a tart green apple party.

I'll be hanging onto my decant to pair with my Green Apple, Bergamot, Vanilla Orchid, and Tiare HG during the warmer months. :) 

First applied, is fresh, green, and herbal, although that settles back on my skin quickly.

Fresh, tart apple blooms almost immediately with a slightly supporting roundness that feels creamy to me, but fresh cream that isn't overly sweet. A zing from the yuzu balances everything.

A very pretty spring spa scent that is very well balanced and blended.

Edited by saralaughs

Green apple, grapefruit notes and something that smells like white pepper to me. So green apple, with a bite. Medium throw, but low wear length.