Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Wanton Airs, Bodiless Airs

Mouthwatering in the vial and wet on my skin. Cognac predominates, with the aromatic bergamot offering more citrus dimension. The oud is subtle and well-blended, lending a slight earthiness. This manages to be fresh and rich at the same time. I love the lab's cognac note, and it really shines in this setting. I could see this becoming a favorite.

mostly bergamot and cognac on me,  with oudh providing a velvety soft perfumey type base.  starts bright and citrus-like with bergamot in the fore, but soon melds into a very sophisticated, mature, and high-end kind of blend to my nose, with the cognac dominating later in the wear.  bright, but grounded. 

i instantly pictured a favorite aunt of mine who always wears expensive designer clothes and shoes, but has a warm, relatable personality. she's a woman of means, understated and classy in tastes, with a kind and humble spirit.  this could be her scent. 💜 (though i will state that i think it's highly suitable for any gender.) 

Edited by MamaMoth

This is absolutely a high-July perfume. It's simple and airy enough to not be cloying but potent enough to cut through hot, sticky air.

A fairly straightforward wear morph - the citrusy bergamot is underpinned by the sweet woody cognac at first, and a faint hint of fresh greenery. After some wear cognac becomes the dominant note. It definitely has an airy feel to it. 

This wet phase of Wanton Airs takes me to a very similar place as See Thyself, Devil! and the Sugar, Poppy Tar, and Red Currant ménage blend.

As it dries it goes a bit softer than either of the sugared poppy options. If you shy away from oud, this one doesn't bring anything indolic to the table in my experience. It dries into a sweet cognac touched with bergamot over a gentle oud, true to the spectral part of the scent description.

ETA: this has quite a bit of throw!

Edited by LavenderCoffee

I'm so happy to have blind bottled it before it was discontinued. It's an airy sweetish cognac with a smidge of bergamot twang anchored on a bed of oud. It's airy and a tad transparent, but still robust and well defined. 

Oh wow. This is making me realize how much the cognac in scents like Cognac-Stained Sheet Ghost and Pediophobia give it that perfume-y, porcelain-like feel. It strongly reminds me of those scents, with the bergamot and cognac being the most prominent notes at first, and the cognac winning out over the bergamot. It is not boozy whatsoever, though, and I wouldn't have guessed there were oudh in this if the note list hadn't mentioned it. The association with those scents is so strong that I keep thinking there might be vanilla in here or something else aside from the cognac that reminds me of those scents.

I think this would have been very popular if more people hadn't seen the oudh and noped out. It's not something I need more of, since it is so very similar to the scents I mentioned above, but this is really nice.

This is one of my favorite scents of last year. It’s a hard one to describe, but I can say there’s good throw, nothing about it screams oudh and it’s a gorgeous cognac note. Just a beautiful blend that really sings on my skin. I wish I bought more than one bottle. 

This is also one of my favorite scents of last year. To me, it’s sexy without anything obvious. And it’s confirmation that I’m really liking cognac notes. I feel sexy, powerful, aloof, and maybe mysterious whilst wearing this one. And after wearing this many times throughout the year, I can say that without fail every time I wear it someone says “ooh… what **is** that??” It good. Also, from buying this I learned that “wanton” and “wonton” are indeed NOT pronounced the same way 🤦‍♀️