Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Soft May the Worms About Her Creep

Worm-pink, gentle, and somnambulant: star jasmine, pink strawberry cream, coconut husk, blackcurrant, and red oud.

This is a gorgeous summer perfume!

The star jasmine is the main player upon first sniff but is beautifully blended into a creamy floral. The dry coconut husk and cream are just pillowy soft and smooth together, and the oudh comes out on the skin, steering this into a truly cohesive perfume. 

For those of you that have aversion to heady jasmine, fear not! Star jasmine is in its own genus and species, and does not stray into indole territory. 

Very happy with my blind bottle purchase!

Edited by Madame Mew

I’m really fascinated by this. It’s very much like two of my favorite Lush scent lines are smooshed together. It’s the old Alkmaar/Silky Underwear jasmine, paired with that rock candy-pink Rockstar scent, but elevated in sophistication. I would never have guessed that these would work so well together but damn this is gorgeous. I’m going to purchase a bottle.

The oud is bit strong and offensive in the beginning, but it goes away and after 40min I'm left with a pale strawberry skin scent and a vague hint of plastic.

This is interesting! It is indolic for sure, but the sweetness of the strawberries keeps it from being too much. The strawberries are candy-like but a little creamy. This is very sugary sweet, but also pretty and jasmine-heavy. I don't know that I'll actually wear this much, but it was fun to try.

This smells like a Lush store circa 2007, and more specifically like a bag that had a sex bomb bath bomb covered in dust from a the comforter bubble bar with a sample of Alkmaar soap. It's a total vibe. 

ok,  star jasmine, i see you!   it's like everything sweet and pretty about jasmine, with none of the stank.  i'm really digging it,  and i'll definitely be on the lookout for star jasmine in the future. 

this blend starts as a sweet, soft, pink candy/floral.   it has such a wholesome youthful mood.  as it wears, the coconut husk and oudh emerge a little, bringing in a touch of sophistication.   no funk detected from either the oudh or the jasmine on my part... this one is gentle on the nose. 

ultimately not me,  but very pretty! 

In the imp this is very strawberry, with a touch of blackcurrant. On my skin the strawberry goes up in pitch and the coconut comes out. Something about it is reading strawberry-piña colada to me. Eventually the strawberry calms down a bit, it's still quite sweet. The coconut is more creamy at this stage and finally a bit of jasmine is peaking out. A pretty cloud of pink.

This is a rich and lovely strawberry cream scent for me. There are layers to the strawberry cream, it's more sophisticated than candy-like. Love the depth added by the jasmine and oud, but it's definitely a soft and approachable blend.

I can kinda see the comparison to Lush's Alkmaar and Rockstar (mostly Rockstar) in the bottle, but it loses the comparison once it's on my skin and the jasmine turns more sharp and perfumey/musky smelling and the strawberry candy comes in loud and strong.  I can't smell any cream, coconut, currant or oud, just sharp jasmine perfume and tangy, sugary strawberry candy.  It does smell creamier in the bottle than it is on my skin, so it might just be a skin chemistry thing or need some aging.

Pink. Soft sophisticated pink. 

On my skin, this a creamy strawberry blend.  The pink candy floss smell reminds me of Lush Rockstar or even as a second cousin to Jailbait.  I also smell the Lush Alkmaar reference and those are the notes, the star jasmine and perhaps also the coconut, that ground this scent and keep the strawberry from taking this blend to candy land.  The creamy part of this blend feels like a clean bar of moisturizing soap, but the blend is not soapy, if that makes any sense.  

The word “languid” is fighting with the word “languish” and both keep appearing in my head as I’m trying to describe this scent.  This scent just slowly takes you under its spell.

Gorgeous. :wub:

Edited by pinkgyrl

Black currant and strawberry, coconut and oudh. The oudh definitely drags it out of the tropics and straight into a gloomy place. Medium throw and wear length. 

I was VERY dubious about this one when I got it, right when it was going out stock. In the bottle, there was something strange and artificial about it, and I was worried it was going to be a dud. But I decided to put it away and wait for hot weather to try it again, and boy am I glad I did! On the skin in hot weather, it is the lovielest, dreamiest strawberry jasmine. I get a hint of the oudh giving it depth, and the coconut rounds it out nicely. Glad I hung onto this long enough for it to come into its own!