Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lavender buds and cypress, sepulcher lilies, a sprig of rosemary, and a bouquet of asphodel.

Another morpher from the Sleeper collection, this one leads with lavender and rosemary and softens to a quiet dry bouquet. I didn't get as much cypress from this one as from the others.

This goes on as lavender and cypress on me, but then the heady asphodel barges in and becomes one of the main players, along with the lavender. It's very soporific and made me feel pretty tired instantly when I slathered it along my forearm before bed last night. (But I also tested it today to properly analyze this without passing out. :lol: )  I only get a hint of rosemary from this, and the lilies, while stronger by the end of the day, cannot hold a candle to the asphodel, which has a sweet, honeysuckle-like headiness to it, to my nose. It settles into mostly asphodel after a full day of wear, backed by the lilies and just a breath of lavender.

I was hoping the cypress would stick around longer on me, but I do think this is a nice lavender-y floral sleep scent and I'll see how much I use my decant before deciding on whether or not I need a bottle. 

ETA: I did end up with a bottle of this one. I used most of my decant to help me sleep during a trip, and it helped!

Edited by doomsday_disco

I'm not a big fan of the opening, too astringent, green, herbal, cypressey and atmospheric to be wearable. That drydown though, is a heady, herbal floral spooky thing that brings to mind old Virginia graveyards without the dirt, more the wafts of trees, wild herbs, and florals in the breeze.

Unique and different offering from the Lab, I like the florals especially.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak