Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A handful of lilies drifting across a flowing river of russet amber, red cedarwood, cypress boughs, palo santo, and auburn musk.

Elaine is quite a disappointment for me. I love most of the notes in this scent. I jump on Lab scents that have rust-colored notes in them like auburn musk. However, the cypress is a massive bully in this scent and dominates for the entire wear time. The lily is there underneath and it combines with the cypress to smell like parsley soap. 

Jumped on this because of the glorious use of Russet Amber in “Adventuresome Encounters”. With the addition of what was described as a “Auburn Musk” , palo santo and red cedarwood, I expected the olfactory resemblance to a late summer (lillies) succumbing to very crimson autumn.

What I smell on skin is a lot watery lillies and parsley/cilantro. Its super green, theres nothing red or auburn here. I wondered if I had even grabbed the Clover trio by mistake (I had not). Very fresh. Very Green.

Having to readjust my expectations for this blend and will revisit. 

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg

As others have said: watery lilies, green parsley, and cilantro. It's a bit cypress-swampy, too.

Lilies generally go soapy on me, and this does as well, cascading like falling water into a soapy, herbal-green swampland. It's clean rather than murky.

I don't notice any redness, cedar, or palo santo: just clean-soapy-green.

This is a beautiful, water lily blend - gorgeous watery floral. I love this and got a bottle. Medium throw and wear length.