Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is a lovely, old-fashioned scent that lovers of powdery florals will enjoy.  The powder is not particularly sweet and there is no cream/vanilla note; it is indeed like an old-fashioned dusting powder.  The throw is moderate, and after 8 hours, I can only smell traces on my wrist.   I may have to upgrade my decant. 

Yes definitely old-fashioned! It's powdery but not dry, and definitely makes me think of a vintage vanity set up. The rose is soft, and the gardenia gives the scent a good body. It feels clean even though there's no white musk or soapy notes. I think it's just the association. 

this definitely smells vintage to me-i get a lot of rosewater and powder with hint of gardenia. i think the gardenia adds a tiny whisper of greenness but overall this is a very rosy/powdery scent. not too sweet or dry. 

Heady AF in the beginning man, Jesus. It's power rose, it's power, animalic gardenia, it's power powder. I do get a pinch of greenness, too.

The final drydown: Dang, this is a reminder to always, always skin test. It is a much softer blend of the three notes and boy is it gorgeous. I agree it has a vintage vanity setup vibe, maybe a 1930s feel. I feel like this is what many vintage perfumes were supposed to smell like before they went off, a light powdery floral with a hint of green. I've definitely encountered much more blinding white powdery blends, and find this highly wearable in the current era.

You know what, I love it. I was kind of expecting Sweet Honesty vibes with the powder, but the gardenia and rose lift this enough out of that territory and make it more fresh, elegant, and mysterious. I feel like this would match prettily with cold cream (random tangent: I know it's not known as a hand cream, excema treatment, or sun balm but I've been using it on my hands and elbows and holy smokes they are sooo soft now). :heart: No note dominates, it's a perfect match of the notes, yet each note is detectable.

Femme and pretty.  :wub2:

I have no idea why I bought a bottle of this because rosewater is usually too sharp for me in perfume (though I love rosewater in skincare products), gardenia is usually too bold and heavy of a white floral for my tastes, and I don't tend to enjoy powdery scents.  Young Woman Powdering Herself starts off scary, but a half hour into the drydown, does mellow out into something pretty and wearable.  It goes on sharp, like nailpolish remover, with sweet, chalky powder, and dries down a little less acetone, but still has a screechy hairspray quality to the white floral gardenia that never entirely goes away, though it does fade a lot over the hours.  The rosewater comes out and freshens things up in the drydown and, mixed with the sweet powder, smells like dewy, sweet, pink roses after a while. 

Candied pink roses, but still dewy and fresh, with a lingering undercurrent of sharp gardenia, and a sweet, powdery finish.