Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In bottle - vague laundry detergent, very faint flower that I think is maybe peony?

Wet - getting stronger, but still mostly laundry

As it dries, flowers finally appear, but can’t pick any specific ones out, except more heady than the Cottage Garden flowers. After a while turns beeswax on me which is confusing. Low throw and doesn’t last long.

I'm hoping that after a few months it has aged enough for the incense to be more prominent.

Many flowers are so blendy to me when put in a bouquet. Such is how Spring comes across, at first: a vivid bouquet of spring flowers against a background trace of incense.

The flowers blend into one another such that I can't really call them out, but I could see lilies of the valley and peonies being somewhere in the bunch. 

In drydown, the incense smoke drifts out more; as I'm not much of a floral person, I really enjoy this aspect. On my skin, the incense smoke comes to the fore and manages to tone down and background the flowers in their turn. I like the blend better at this point.

Once dried, this is more of a smoky incense blend with a soft, indistinct floral backdrop.

Spring starts out as a whole faceful of spring flowers. It’s hard to pick out individual notes but it seems like there are bulb flowers like narcissi and jonquils, big pink smells like peony, big purple smells like lilac and wisteria — all the flowers, all at the same time. It takes about an hour on me for the incense notes to emerge. Not nag champa, which is awful on me. It’s almost an opium sort of incense, but it’s light enough that it doesn’t drown out the flowers. This scent is very not me, and very not September, and yet I really enjoyed testing it. It’s undeniably beautiful, and if you love florals and lightweight incense, you should have this one. 

Oh wow this is nice!

In the bottle and on skin I get a big tuberose-like floral, lush and white. It is very reminiscent of one of my favorite vintage 80s florals, Sand and Sable (gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, peach, green notes, rose). Yo don't judge me, I read somewhere that some rocker babes wore it back in the day and I also wanted those Sunset Strip vibes. No regrets and neither should you!

Spring goes less beachy, more fresh with maybe carnation or another spicy/peppery floral. There is a base that I wouldn't have guessed was incense on first sniff. We're off to a good start.

There is a point where this turns playdoh/candle/beeswax. Well Sh!t Lestat right now??@!

Final drydown, I took a nap and woke up to a beautiful soft tuberose/carnation floral grounded by something indistinct but soft in the background. Hekk yeah now we're talkin. Sunset Strip meets Downton Abbey. Heh Downtown Abbey. :love!:

Very nice! :heart:

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Finally testing my decant, which has been aging since June. This is as described... Mainly a bouquet of sweet spring flowers... I can't tell which ones, but when I think of spring flowers I think of peonies, lilacs, tulips, hyacinths... along those lines. Lilies usually jump out at me, so I'm not including them here. It's sweet, floral, and I don't get an actual incense note at this point, but I think it's what's keeping the bouquet from being too sharp and heady. Upon drydown, the smoky incense begins swirling around the bouquet. This is another lovely spring scent. 

A lovely bouquet, most of which I dont recognize, with incense floating on the breeze. Something comes off sweettart sugary at first but that fades pretty early on. I also think there's some carnation in these flowers. The incense is soft and balanced with the rest of the blend.

I love this combination. Really pleasant, joyful, and love the painting it is based on.

Edited by deadlyves