Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A frenzied scent, high-pitched and voluptuous: crushed sugar and bittersweet violets under a bruise-blue cloud of lilac, French lavender, climbing roses, and sea salt.

Guess I'll be going first.

I do not detect any sweetness whatsoever in this. I also cannot pick out the individual flowers, it feels like a creamy yellow arrangement of nondistinct florals. Overall this is a linen scent, it's coming across a bit soapy and very clean laundry. There is a tiny barely noticable salty ending but I have to do a lot of huffing to find it.

I bought for the violets, roses, and sugar and came away empty handed.

I love the Tempestt and Shakespeare so naturally I had to try this one! 

On first application I get the French Lavender and sea salt. After a few minutes the lavender settles in to the back ground and this becomes a combination of the lilac and violets with a dusting of sugar and sea salt. For me the sugar is more subtle here. It's kind of a unique blend of being sweet and salty combined with soft floral notes. The violets and lilac are the main floral notes on me, the lavender stays in the background and I can't pick out the rose. The salt balances the sugar and I would not describe this as a sugary scent on me, but the sugar is still there and becomes stronger over time. It has decent throw and wear time on me. I find it to be a summery floral. 

Edited by becca_s

On me, this is strong, jammy violet. The lilac was a close second at first, but with more wear time the lavender has taken that spot. I can smell the rose in the background, pink and lush. I get periodic puffs of clouds of sugar. The sea salt is more of a general aquatic element to me. It does give this a bit of a soapy feel, but I think the other notes keep it from laundry territory for me.

I'm not a big floral fan, so I was hoping for more sugar and sea salt, I think. I'm trying to explore florals more, but I often find them a bit too strong and this falls into that category for me. This is definitely a matter of personal taste, I think this would be a great match for someone who loves violet notes in perfume.

Does this match the painting? I think I would have liked more beach notes, but I can envision a group of nymphs dancing on a shore while an approaching storm looms ominously. The darker violet floral does add tension to the mood of the perfume.

Now that this is rested, I am getting more of the floral notes. At first it was just a lot of lavender and salt, now the lavender blends into the violet and lilac over the rose. I'm not sure where the sugar is, however. This is not a sweet scent, but it is strangely both high-pitched and bruised at the same time.

See How They Flash is a fave (lilac violet blue musk  plum lime).   I bought this to see if it was the same family and it is.  Also love the Labs sea salt note.

This had bad mail.box shock syndrome and wss a huge let down until it had a few weeks to rest.  It was very faint and muddy.

Now... I definitely get the Flash Lilac/violet top notes I was looking for.   The roses & lavender bloom in the middle and sea salt /clean mineral comes through nicely on the dry down

Im.very picky about lavender as it can read soapy/commercial on me, but it's lovely in this one and we'll blended.  Bruised violet is definitely the star, with lilac the understudy.  Once it settled I really love this one. 

Edited by Brianna Gemini
Typo

I love this! It’s reminding me a bit of Blue Wig Spray (I think). I get sugared violets and lilac, and with a bit of wear I start to smell a bit of salt, which is sort of like the smell of skin after a beach day. 

In the imp it is a cloud of lilac to me. Sweet, slightly waxy. On my skin it is more lavender and violet, but the lilac is still hanging in there. It stays a good mix but eventually the violet takes over, as it wants to do on me. I had hope with so many flowers it would be kept in check but alas! The salt does keep the sweetness of the violet from going wonky on me at least. 

This has been in my settling box for a couple of months, because when it first arrived, that "frenzied, high-pitched" descriptor was a little too spot on. It was very screechy, soapy sugared florals at that time.

Now that it's had time to calm down, I think it actually might be something I could wear. It starts out strong, soapy sugared violets and roses, then the salt comes forward ( which is also a little strong at first) and they end up blending together, bringing each scent profile to a much more mellow place. This settles into a phase of salty purple and pink sugared flowers-pretty true to description now and quite pleasant. Over time the salt fades, leaving a soft, sugared purple floral in it's wake with only occasional wafts of saltiness.💜 I would definitely categorize this as a Spring/Summer scent though, so back in the box it goes for now. 

Edited by Beary Strange

Nivea cream - sugar, violets, and roses. With a touch of salt. Cold, sophisticated. Medium throw and wear length.