Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The vetiver and carnation seem to anchor the blend in an earthy place. The goat is very chill and so are all these notes! There is a subtle creaminess from goat's milk, a subtle sweetness from honeycomb, and the peony is clearly identifiable but doesn't dominate. The vetiver and carnation are not stealing the show either, but both definitely hang out through the drydown.

The overall effect I get is an enjoyable everyday musk type of scent with a lovely hint of floral. I wore it yesterday and caught whiffs of it all day long, but it doesn't have a big throw.

I want LavenderCoffee's skin chemistry!  I got peonies.  Big peonies.  With some honeyed goat's milk.  I'm still hoping the carnation and vetiver will show up on my skin.  Peony is actually one of the few florals I enjoy, but this is really a faceful of them. 

Skin chemistry is so interesting! On me, this is primarily vetiver. It's the same grassy, bitter, and slightly lemony vetiver I smell from The Man in Black. In that perfume, the vetiver adds a sinister bite, but here, it gives the impression of hay and sun-warmed fields. The floral notes are background players, especially the carnation, which mostly seems to be adding spice to the vetiver. The peony combines with the goats milk and honeycomb to become a sweet and creamy floral note. I'm not a big floral fan but I like the effect the florals have here.

Overall, I don't think this is rich and sweet enough to classify as a flourmand. The vetiver keeps it out of that territory for me. The throw is low but I wouldn't say that you have to struggle with huffing your wrists to smell it, it's more of a scent that you wear for your own enjoyment.

Does it match the painting? Yes! The flowers are definitely pink, but not overwhelming. I also think the bitterness of the vetiver represents the fuzzy black goat very well. The creamy, sweet goat milk and honeycomb combo sweeten the perfume in the same way that the goat's quiet satisfaction with its snack soften the painting.

HUH. Goat's milk, honeyed and spiced (carnation, because it's a bit Egyptian), comes at me hard. Then within just a few seconds of being on the skin, you can smell just how much that goat is enjoying his pink flower. Peonies run rampant! This is a pink, happy floral, rendered smoky with a big bold vetiver and earthy with the goat's milk that hangs around. The milk doesn't sour on my skin, so this accord steers clear of the problematic dairy note for me. 

Later on, this dries down to a beautiful and talented vetiver that had me sniffing my wrist and trying to remember what I'd put there. Love this stage of Black Goat, where the peonies have all but fled and the smoky fuzzy goat remains. But I can't buy a whole bottle just for that stage!

I think this blend is highly dependent on skin chemistry. There's always that edge of goat's milk and honey here that were present in Impromptu Goat Yoga, giving it a slightly feral twist that keeps it from being just another peonies perfume, and the smoky vetiver is what really tries to seduce me. But I think you really do gotta love peonies' perky pinkness to love Black Goat Enjoying a Pink Flower. I think the goat enjoys this flower more than I do.

This goat brings a lovely honeyed, candle-smoky goat's milk, with an abrupt, surprise chomp of vetiver now and then, as she finds something worth biting.

That something takes its time in showing up as flowers on my skin. In drydown, though, I start to find pink peonies mingling with the rest, soft as breath. But, they continue to grow, and then perhaps overgrow, until I don't notice vetiver, other than traces of smoke.

I'm going to enjoy this decant, though I think it winds up too flowery for me for a bottle.

Take My Baby and a Baby Goat and replace the rice flower with a grassy vetiver and touches of carnation and peony, and you get Black Goat Enjoying a Pink Flower. You definitely have to like goat's milk and honey to enjoy this one, as they are strongest on me in the beginning, backed by the vetiver, although the vetiver eventually overtakes the goat's milk on me and becomes the dominant note. There's a bit of spice from the carnation, but it isn't super loud on me like it is in some scents. By the end of the day, there's some peony beneath the vetiver and honeyed goat's milk to remind you that this goat is holding a flower, and it's spring.

Sadly, the vetiver in this, while not a smoky type, is so strong that I don't see myself reaching for it over My Baby and a Baby Goat. I do think that this is nice and representative of the art, though!

Mostly buttery goats milk and carnation in the imp, but I can smell a grassy-smoky vetiver in the background. Wet it is all about the vetiver, very much smoky now. As it dries the honeycomb tries to reign it in and I can get hints of carnation and goats milk, but vetiver is just a bit too strong on me unfortunately! 

I talked myself out of buying this so many times that it went out of stock and I wound up getting a bottle in the secondary market.  I love it and I'm glad that I finally took a chance on it.  It's so gourmand, sweet and creamy.  Sweet cream with a drizzle of honey, all sugared milk and snuggly.  The carnation adds an essence of warm spiciness.  The vetiver has a little smokiness to it in the drydown, but it never gets overwhelming on me (and isn't the variety that can smell like roasting cedar planks or mesquite bbq); it's more of a hint of sweet, caramelized smoke on my skin.  The peony is barely there on me, just a whisper of fresh floral that I catch every once in a while.  I really enjoy how it all plays out on my skin.