Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Tomato, Patchouli Root, and Cedar Bean

This is the smell of picking a tomato fresh off the vine. The tomato and cedar bean are strongest and they combine to be a perfect tomato and stem scent. This is kneeling in warm earth sniffing a warm, just picked tomato with the scent of the vine on your fingers. 

On sniffing my head says Christmas. I definitely get the tomato, but I get a lot of cedar and I think the freshness of the tomato freshens the cedar. It's not dry pencil shavings cedar, but like the fresh boughs my mom put up everywhere during the holidays. On my skin I feel basically the same. I get more patchouli grounding everything but the way the tomato and cedar meld just makes me think of my childhood home at Christmas. Honestly probably getting a bottle just for the nostalgia! If I try to wrench my scent memories away, I would describe it as a fresh yet somewhat rugged scent. There's a sun-warmed quality, and yet the tomato domesticates it somewhat. You're outside, but like where someone is growing tomatoes, not the middle of a remote forest. 

This is a really lovely trio  that comes off as a very elevated cocktail of the notes (something you'd get at a super overpriced bar with ironic names for all the drinks). For me, the trio opens with a really strong showing for the tomato and cedar bean, with the patch leaning root-y and but not "dirty". I really liked this one a lot, it is classy and impressively refreshing. At about the four hour mark, it's all patchouli all the time on me, so I won't be full sizing, but of all the summer decants I chose, this one is my favourite. It's like stumbling into a perfectly maintained, sun-warmed tomato garden!