Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Cucumber, Lime, and Freesia

I get a blast of cucumber at first, and somehow there's something in the background that's kind of dry and papery that I wasn't expecting -- is that what happens when freesia combines with lime? While it remains a cucumber-dominant scent on me for a while, the high-pitched freesia does increase in strength with time, and it ends up being a cucumber-tinged freesia on me with a twist of lime by the end of the day.

It was fun to try this one, but there are other cucumber scents in my collection that I love more. It's worth a try for cucumber lovers, but I think you have to be open to the freesia as well.

Juicy, cool, with a bit of a bite. The cucumber makes up the scent in the decant with a bite of lime zest, tart and a bit bitter. The freesia is just sort of breezy around it. It stays fairly true on my skin with the lime and freesia sticking around more prominently as it wears. 

A cool, fresh cucumber with tart lime. I don't get much freesia. This is making me want a dry cucumber soda with a twist of lime. 

Cool fresh cucumber, lime and a touch of freesia. This reminds me to the Bath and Bodyworks Cucumber Melon. Fresh. Cucumber. Medium throw and wear length.

The lime and cucumber are the strongest presences here. This is a very tart, dry lime note that makes me think more of dried lime zest than fresh lime. The cucumber note keeps the whole thing in refreshing rather than unpleasantly tart territory, though. The freesia is a bit hard to detect, but there is a subtle floral note under the lime and cucumber. I don't need more than my decant, but I'll be reaching for this one this summer.