Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Strawberry Moon 2022

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, a drop of strawberry-infused benzoin, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

Freshly applied, this year's Strawberry Moon is predominantly strawberries, but also sugary and floral on my skin.

I had a couple earlier Strawberry Moons. I think they were a 2017 and some version of a prototype; they've been empty and done for years, so I can't compare them directly. But my memory of 2017 was a more wildflower-meadow and sappy-dandelion strawberry blend, while this one is playing out more as sugary-sweet and floral strawberries. It's a newly arrived summer bottle, so this might change as it chills out.

The strawberries smell similarly pinkish-red and playful to what I remember before.

And that's almost it. This doesn't shift a lot as it dries, except to develop a bit of chewiness like honeycomb wax.

Strawberries, floral sugar, and a texture like a bit of chewy honeycomb wax.

This is very pretty and summery: ripe red strawberries, a sprinkle of sugar-crystals, and a warm grass-green backdrop. It reminds me a lot of Eat the Strawberries - no surprise, I suppose! - but this Moon doesn't seem to be as loud on my skin in terms of throw; I think the sap and grasses and benzoin are softening it a bit? I haven't tried another Strawberry Moon to compare, but I'm also testing Frogberry Moon on the other arm, and that one has a stronger throw.

No real change as it dries, still sweet ripe strawberries, sugar, and - in the back - that soft summer-grass green. I really like this, but it might need slathering - it's fading fast, too!

I don't typically even try scents with strawberry as a note, but decided to get a decant and see what all the fuss is about. Well, this is delightful! Sweet ripe strawberries, indeed! It dries down to a greenness as the strawberry fades. It's a lovely scent, very fresh and pretty. I'm glad I tried this! 

I'm also someone who doesn't tend to leap for strawberry scents, but I decided to give this one a try. This reminds me of sliced strawberries covered in sugar and placed in a bowl in the refrigerator before they are placed on some shortcake. The strawberry, fortunately, does not go plastic on me! I don't get much greenery from this one, just a hint behind the strawberries and sugar. It also makes me think of eating strawberries from my grandmother's backyard that I would dip in sugar when I was a little kid. It's a very happy scent.

The decant is definitely a keeper for me. I'm tempted to upgrade this based on nostalgia, but I'm not sure if I'd realistically reach for it often enough to warrant a bottle. Decisions, decisions.

Fresh strawberries with a green freshness to it. It’s almost got a watery backdrop to it that gives it a more authentic berry scent. Very pretty scent that’s great for summer. 

Strawberry has never been one of my favorite BPALs - every one I've ever tried has not worked real well, but they've also been super sweet, either in a desserty or a plasticky way. This is a lot more of a *fresh* sweet. The strawberries are loud on immediate applications, but it turns green very quickly, with the vanilla sugar faint in the background. If this came in a shower gel I would buy multiple bottles. I might wear this more often than I initially thought when I first got it, too.

I agree that this is an incredibly fresh strawberry scent, aided by the green elements of the blend. It does not smell like strawberry candy to me, even though the vanilla sugar is apparent, and it isn't a purely berry focused scent either. Curious how this might age with the benzoin, but right now it is gentle skin scent. Like Summer in a bottle. 

Sticky sweet strawberries. There's a soft whisper of greenery, too, but it's only supporting the string strawberry note. The florals are light and blend with the strawberry very well. As it dries, the strawberry note becomes less juicy and more like strawberry sugar.

This smells more like strawberry candy to me than strawberries, maybe because it's so sugary and tart. US-made strawberry candy, too, the kind so sweet it makes my throat hurt.