Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hey everyone, I have a few BPAL scents that I love, but tend to find that most of my collection fade away to nothing very quickly, some in less than an hour. 

I tend to run cool and dry, so i dont know if it's to do with my skin chemistry, and if there is a way to find out what that is or if based on that there is something I can do to improve the length of a scent? 

I don't have the same issue with alcohol based commercial fragrances, but i know that mixing an oil with an alcohol might not work. 

(I know scent lockets are a thing but they are not for me.) 

Failing that, I am looking for recommendations for gender neutralish scents. I don't think I'll be the only one with this problem so maybes this can be a thread for people to recommend long wear scents in general. 

16 hours ago, Saelyx said:

I tend to run cool and dry, so i dont know if it's to do with my skin chemistry, and if there is a way to find out what that is or if based on that there is something I can do to improve the length of a scent?

Try putting on lotion before your oils. That works well for me. Also, I make sure to apply oil to the crooks of my elbows and under my clothes, not just my wrists. Hand washing, using a mouse, etc. tends to remove perfume from my wrists.

16 hours ago, Saelyx said:

Failing that, I am looking for recommendations for gender neutralish scents. 

The first that comes to mind in the Antikythera Mechanism (teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco). Also from the GC: Fenris Wolf (rosewood, amber, red musk and a dribble of red sandalwood). Streets of Detroit from the Only Lovers Left Alive collection lasts forever (Black musk accord, Ethiopian myrrh, and motor oil). I haven't worn it a ton, but Pyramid of Skulls from last year's Weenies (tobacco and sandalwood) seems to last a long time. 

In general, citrus and light floral notes will dissipate quickly. Woods, musks, and heavy white florals will stick around. 

Edited by wordortwo
so. many. typos.

Sherlock Holmes lasts for-freaking-ever on me, but I think a lot of it also depends on your skin chemistry. I concur with the lotion and location tips.