Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This starts out with a sharp, pungent blast of green, ozone-like cologne -- if it's hay, it's new-mown and mixed with the fuel from the lawnmower. I was worried I would get a headache and have to wash it off, but it settled down pretty quickly. Dried down, it's Cafe Au Lait and a Wool Blanket but with a soft, saffron-like hay in place of the coffee. It turns out to be a lovely, subtle skin scent, warm without being heavy. I think this will be nice for summer and for layering.

Green, ozonic, fuel-gassy cologne is a good description of where Sheepfold begins on my skin as well.

This is quite a different direction than I imagined from the bare-bones notes list. It's kind of like new-mown hay and dried, woody stalks mingling together with a soft chemical gas and, gradually, an emerging, oily sort of wool.

As this dries, the chemical hay-day (🤨) settles down, leaving more wool. After that, this pretty chill, really... It becomes a lazy afternoon-to-evening in a warm field, watching cut grass dry and the sun sink and color the world an ordinary gold. The blend becomes pleasantly mundane and everyday, if your everyday is slow, pastoral and steady with peace.

This is You Are Not Alone minus lavender and plus hay. (I agree that it is also the same wool note from Cafe au Lait and a Wool Blanket.) The hay plays a bigger role in this than the lavender in You Are Not Alone, at least on my skin, but in the end, the cologne-y wool note (which I think has touches of tobacco and musk) ends up being the dominant note by the end of the day. (The hay is still around... just not as strong as it was initially.)

I was wondering if this would be like Two Sheep and Two Goats with hay instead of vetiver, but alas. I'm glad I went for a decant of this one instead of a bottle, as I don't love the scents I compared it to (heresy, I know, in the case of You Are Not Alone) and prefer Hay Moon 2020 and this year's Vanilla Husk, Nutmeg, & Hay Absolute for my hay fix.

This is a grassy, dry sort of hay rather than lemony hay absolute, mixed with a soft but complex wool scent. "Cologne-y" is the right descriptor for the wool.

I enjoy the lemony hay of Vanilla Husk, Nutmeg, and Hay Absolute, but I am LOVING this very different, more dry-grass sort of smell. (I almost mistook it for a light vetiver at first.) I guess I will find out if this morphs into a more lemony hay with age, because I'm pretty sure I'll be grabbing a bottle of this.

It's a very light, close scent, but it'll be a good comforting oil for days when I don't want to smell super strongly.

In the imp this is very soft and cozy, mostly wool with a slight fresh green edge.  It stays fairly true on my skin, the hay coming out a bit more particularly wet. It's not fresh grassy green, nor fully dried. Somewhere in between. Very soothing.

A perfect pale moonlight scent. The wool blanket softens the slightly scratchy hay note for sure. A few short minutes after applying, it goes to such a gentle place. Neither warm nor cool, but comforting. 

This is my new perfect night-time scent. The overall vibe so cozy and comforting. I'm a huge hay whore and this hay is on the drier, greener end of things- the wool complements it perfectly, it's like a soft gentle dream in a barn with all the stars of the country watching over you- I'm in love!

Theres a definite lovely cleanness to this scent too. It's making me think of a baby blanket- you know that scene in spirited away, the giant baby's room in the night- this scent is like a pile of squishy pillows and soft walls, with the gentle ambered yellow glow of the moon rounding all the edges.

Ugh, I wanna live in a dark pillowy blanket world. How lovely would that be?

Will have to procure a backup bottle!

Edited by bygraveyardlight