Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pearl gardenia, artemisia, moonflower, and creamy vanilla flower with velvet rose, crimson labdanum, and moonlit amber, dancing above dewy, pale mosses.

This is really, really pretty. 😍 The gardenia and moonflower have that creamy narcotic floral quality, and it blends so beautifully with the vanilla and crimson labdanum (which kind of has a red musk ish quality but . . . not musky, not so overpowering). The amber and moss kind of skew it toward a more classic floral perfume on the dry down, but it retains that dewy moonlit floral vibe. The rose is more detectable to me on the dry down too, but this never really strikes me as a rose forward perfume, it's just there supporting the other notes. It reminds me of The Last Unicorn, but is less earthy and more floral. Really happy to have a bottle. 

I’ve been wearing this all day and it is totally reminiscent of something I had as a teenager (before I discovered the wonder of BPAL)

I feel like the previous review is pretty spot on. It’s creamy and dreamy and sort of traditional but really not traditional also. I’m glad I purchased this.

Oh this is so lovely ^_^ totally agree with @feyofthefellwood - reminds me of The Unicorn, which I love. I like all my flowers damp and my roses really sugary. The gardenia and rose are both right up my alley and together here make this a sweet, vibrant floral. There's an extra fresh, green note to it, too, like the Grass fragrance from The Gap of my teenage years - I imagined this was the "wild lettuce" in The Unicorn, but I'm wondering if it's the 'dewy' factor here. The vanilla in this and the coconut in The Unicorn add to the sweetness. I adore it. My husband says it smells 'clean' which is generally a good thing. ;)  The big, sweet flowers calm down a bit after the initial punch, but I still got wafts of it hours after application.

Sweet, dewy green stems, and delicate but powerfully fragrant flowers make this really feel like woodland creatures having a romp. Best of all, I saved this for testing after a weekend of backpacking, and good golly does it capture that magical feeling. Gorgeous. Wore it last night and put it on again first thing this morning. ❤️

i get the gardenia and moonflower at first. this is a creamy gardenia. quite voluptuous and pretty. i get more vanilla flower over time, which just adds to the creaminess of the gardenia. this is SO pretty, if you love white florals especially. later on i get a hint of rose and the deeper notes along with moss, but the moonflower and gardenia dominate the florals. this smells like a sophisticated vintage perfume to me. it dries down to moss and white florals primarily, with a hint of amber. very pretty, and i may have to get a bottle of this!

I thought this would be the time moonflower finally worked on me, but no. I was too busy lusting after the moonlit amber and dewy, pale mosses and completely ignored the presence of a note that never, ever, works on me. This would have been a complete stunner on me without the moonflower, which hates my skin and turns into a super indolic screechy nightmare that will give me and anyone within 50 feet of me a migraine. I should have known better! The dry down was pretty once the moonflower disappeared, and I agree with the comparisons to The Last Unicorn, one of my absolute favorite scents. But I can't stomach the moonflower when wet, and have other scents in this family I like a lot more. Alas, this decant is off to a better home. 

On me this is very gardenia heavy! At first I was afraid that it was a little too floral for my tastes, but with a little rest I now feel like this is something I will have a lot of fun wearing! Somehow this scent captures the velvety soft and smooth finish of white gardenia petals, and I think I get a very subtle hint of fresh roses too. The florals have a nice sweetness to them, but they aren't very creamy to my nose, more of a realistic fresh floral sweetness. The dewy pale moss is amazing in this (finally, moss that doesn't go cologne-y on me!!!) and comes off as this damp silvery green blanket. I imagine fairies wearing sheer white clothing, wet with dew from the moss they are laying in, and surrounded by fragrant white petals. So beautiful!

Floaty gardenia, a touch of white rose and moss dominate this blend for me initially. It makes me think of an ethereal forest. As it dries it becomes more floral and less mossy, now a full on garden. The gardenia and rose are definitely present but in a blended chorus with the rest, which I'm having a harder time picking out. Though I think I can detect a bit of that humid, slightly green-floral note of the vanilla flower. The moss is still present, and I get just a touch of amber. A very fae bouquet. 

Fairy Lovers is a lush, balanced floral - lots of leading ladies in this bouquet of gardenia, moonflower, orchid, rose but nothing is really screaming at me. "Creamy narcotic floral" is spot on, especially with the slinky labdanum underscore. Apply sparingly for sneaky seduction. 

A lovely light floral bouquet. Moonflower is always ethereally pretty. The gardenia, sweet and lush. They are opposites. The labdanum’s earthy musk is the only non-floral note I pick up. No mosses or rose jumping out at me. It’s pretty!

This is all about the white florals, which reside on a bed of dewy moss, and are just lightly touched by the resins. There is no vanilla in this -- it is truly just the flower, so don't go in this thinking that it's a flormand, because it's not. The rose becomes noticeable after the scent has been dry for a while but is rather subdued and never takes over at any point. 

The Fairy Lovers is truly an ethereal, dewy, mossy floral scent befitting of fairies. As someone who prefers sugary florals, it's not a scent I could see myself reaching for, but I am glad that I decided to try it.

So very lovely! This is like a vanilla-sugar-free cousin of Cottonmouth. Big Fairy Vibes with a clean, sparkling, veil-light white floral bouquet that doesn't dip into indole territory. 

A fiery, fresh love, perfectly fitting fae-like creatures. Very pretty, though I must admit there's something that reminds me a liiittle bit of ...cat pee? But that may just be me. :wacko:  I know this comes off of a floral note, i'm just not sure which one. It's not too distracting either. But! This is lovely, a beautiful ethereal pinky bouquet scent - I agree with the comparison to cottonmouth above me here. 
Put this on, and i swear, enjoyed it very much for about half an hour, and all of a sudden - completely gone! Huh?!

Host of Air, is that you? This is a very big and airy white floral, with touches of moonflower and moss. Huge throw, average wear length.