Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

this starts with a tea and narcissus note for me, with a hint of vetiver in the background. the narcissus note gets stronger over time, it's like flowers pushing through earth. the flowers are more realistic, not sweet at all. this is an earthy narcissus. later on the narcissus takes on an almost leathery quality. after the drydown this is SO pretty-it smells like a vintage perfume to me, and now i've decided i need a bottle of this.

Edited by theseagrows

This one had a rough start on me, with the white tea and narcissus going very screechy and astringent. After drydown, the high-pitched elements of the scent calm down a bit and the white tobacco and vetiver come out, giving a headier and more earthy impression. Agree that this scent has vintage, old-fashioned floral perfume vibes. I don't think I need a bottle, but will keep my decant.

Starts as slightly indolic narcissus, but then settles down into a soft, gentle narcissus scent. 

I confirmed with this that I don't like narcissus.  On my skin it smells clean, but just... Not good.  I like clean scents but this is like a clean diaper-changing area.  I'm pretty sure it's the narcissus because I get the same thing from Black Satin Sheet Ghost.  Here, I smell just a smidge of pepper in the background. 

I couldn't not try this, because of the art that inspired it - but it was not meant to be!  

Edit: I'm reevaluating this a few months later and I don't actually hate it.  It is for sure the most amount of narcissus that I am willing to tolerate.  But it has kind of a breezy oceanic clean vibe that, today anyway, I actually like.  

Edited by forspecial_plate

White tea, pepper and a whiff of narcissus. This one was very sharp and clean. Medium thread and wear length.