Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

White Clover, Elderflower, and Apple

This is a lovely, lovely scent!   Even my husband (who classifies most of my scents as "cardboard", "men's cologne", or "weeds") said he really liked it.  It's a masterful combination of the three notes.  The white clover brings sweetness and a hay-like/coumarin-ish warmth, but also some floral character to enhance the elderflower.  The apple brings its own balanced tartness and sweetness. 

We have lots of both of these plants growing on our land, so to me, this is the ultimate upper Midwest summer scent.  I remember one time biking near a field of white clover in bloom, maybe 25 years ago, and thinking it was the most beautiful scent I had ever smelled.  This reminds me of that.  

It has some serious throw at the beginning.  

Edited by wendyb1063

The apple is the star on me here, and after a few days of rest and testing it on the skin, I think it may be a green apple that has a tartness as well as a sweetness to it (but becomes tarter over time). It's touched by the greenery of the white clover and the berry-touched elderflower note, but I think I'm getting more elderflower than clover on my skin.

This is an apple for the spring and summer months. I have a ridiculous amount of apple scents already, and don't think I need a bottle of this one, but if you're looking for a non-autumnal, floral-touched apple scent, this should be up your alley.

This is really beautiful. 💚 It's a crisp, perfumey apple (like the apple in Honeyed Apple IMO) with a backdrop of fresh clover and bright elderflower. It makes me think of rolling around in a clover field or a fairy circle or something; I definitely recommend if you like the notes.🍀🍏

A delicious crisp apple dominates, with greenery and floral underneath. This smells like what I'd want a wild meadow under the sun to smell like (with the season's first tart apple).

A crisp green apple, some floral, and a but of a sort of sweet grassy smell that I assume is the floral. At first, it reminded me a lot of Green, but then the elderflower and clover came out a bit more making it a warmer blend. Its a very pretty spring/summer choice!

This goes on exactly like a shampoo that I've had before (Biolage?).  Soapy, tart green apple, a perfumey and slightly powdery sweetness.  I was hoping for a natural clover smell, but this is all apple and shampoo on me.  Nice if you wanted a clean type of scent, but the drydown reminds me of laundry detergent (original Gain) and I don't think I'll be wearing this much at all.

My new favorite scent. Wet, it is all green apple, but as it dries the clover and elderflower make their presence known. It comes across way more floral on my skin than on any of my friends who tried it, so your mileage may vary, but I love the balance between the crisp apple and the almost dreamy clover and elderflower. Definitely the smell of an apple from a fairytale, and I am thrilled.

Fresh flowers, very pretty. This reminds me to Host of Air. This is breezy. Medium throw and wear length.