Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I was really excited about this one, and it lives up to my dreams! It encapsulates the richness and liveliness of river mud and shady evergreens. I get the impression of a cool morning, dew beading on the grass. The cypress is a little sharp at first, and becomes sweetly aromatic as it warms up on my wrists. The drydown combo is to die for - rich and earthy, clean and uplifting, almost edible to this dirt-loving nose. It reminds me of my old BPAL favorite Ace of Pentacles and might even surpass it in my affections. Fans of Luperci, Graveyard Dirt and Zombi will probably love this.

I get a blast of cypress that has a mentholic quality to it at first, followed by the mud, and then the patchouli. The mud in this doesn't make me think of a wet mud, but like a dry, crackly lake mud, which I think is pretty neat. The patchouli in this is a red patch, and it gains strength with wear, enough to become the most prominent note in the throw (although there is still plenty of cypress and mud up close).

I wish I got a little less of the patch from this one, but now I'm keeping an eye out for more of this mud note. 👀 

Cypress and dirt. This smells like a forest floor - ever green and dirt. Lots of dirt. For the dirt lovers. Medium throw and wear length.

I love this blend, it's a beautifully muddy forest floor situation. "richness and liveliness of river mud and shady evergreens" is 💯

I especially like adding some of it to a bath at the end of the day - it's like soaking in the mud sans mud. 

This is petrichor, but make it fashion. Bursting with cypress evergreens and suffused with a woody red patchouli, the mud is an earthiness anchoring it all together. The rain has passed, the earth is sodden, and the forest floor is alive and quenched. Breathe it all in!

I'd like to layer this with Death Cap next time!

Edited by elissamay