Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

A Nosegay of Roses, Marigolds, Larkspur, and a Bumblebee

Roses, marigolds, larkspur, orris moth dust, and a poof of honey and beeswax.

This is a really pretty honeyed pink rose scent. The honey note does read like a poof of honey, yet somehow it also reminds me of the inside of a Cadbury Crunchie bar. There's a bit of creaminess from the beeswax, but not much. Orris, which is usually a nemesis of mine, is well-behaved here, only adding a bit of powderiness to the scent after it has been on the skin for a while without ever overtaking the honey or the rose. I'm not familiar enough with marigold or larkspur notes to pick those out, so hopefully other reviewers can isolate those.

I have a lot of sugary rose scents already, so I'm not sure I need a full bottle of this one (especially since I just grabbed a partial of The Best Lies a few days ago), but the decant is a keeper.

THIS. IS. GLORIOUS. And also hard to explain, LOL. This is one of the Lab scents that is just so exquisitely blended, no one note really stands out. To me it doesn’t smell “like rose” or “like honey” even though I tend to amp those notes. It isn’t even all that identifiably floral; there’s a bit of gourmand going on that reminds me a lot of mallow (not at all gourmand like “foodie-smelling,” though. You see how hard this is??).

I need to test this side by side with The Heirophant and the Empress, because in my mind it reminds me quite a lot of the things I love about that blend.

I could seriously see this becoming one of my signature scents. It’s just that good. It smells wonderful, and there is something about it that evokes joy. And don’t we all need a little more of that!

A very honeyed marigold and rose. As it settles I get more of the beeswax and it smells like dried marigolds I have if they were in a pool of wax. Lovely. 

Such a lovely scent! I don't think I have experience with larkspur before, and I think that's what's making this scent difficult to describe. I get a light pink rose and honey, but overtop another floral that's just gorgeous and breezy. The orris is thankfully not making everything musty!

Edited by roseus

On first application I get fresh roses and florals with a dust of honey. After a little while I get the Orris and beeswax, and it dries down to a dusty, honey and rose scent. I find this has a vintage perfume vibe and matches the art work well. 

I’m enjoying this lovely blend which just brings joy. It’s the honeyed aftermath of prancing among flowers in a large field, but LOTS more flowers than field. Blown away! 

Goes on with lots of powdery, sweet orris and a bubblegummy-yet-clean floral scent that makes me think of the High Strung Daisies blend.  I also keep catching whiffs that smell like brown sugar.  As it dries down, the rose comes out and it's a lovely mix of fresh and sweet, touched with that toasty brown sugar type of scent that I would normally dislike, but I'm loving it here with the floral notes.  The orris also sticks around as a shimmery, powdered sugary, silvery veil.  I love sweet, gourmand florals and this definitely leans into that territory.  It's a scent that makes me think of a shimmery unicorn lazing about in a fairy garden full of fat bumblebees.  I didn't expect to love this as much as I do, but I wore it while gardening this morning and it really put me in a planting flowers mood and it was strong and long lasting even in the heat and is still going strong 4 hours later.  A beautiful, gourmand floral.