Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

And Here I Hear the Fowles Singe

A scent of joy and rebirth, of new love, awakened passions, and infatuation, of planting, gathering flowers, and renewing your relationship with nature. A springtime perfume brimming with fresh romance, joy, and laughter: a cluster of spring blossoms, beads of spicy dried rose petals, honeyed clove, and champaca, all nurtured by soft, dark soil and strengthened by deeply-reaching roots.

Proceeds from the sale of this perfume benefit the National Network of Abortion Funds.

At first: flowery, soapy bubble bath (reminds me of Zachariah 7:9-10, but with a honeyed facet)… then a sort of “tangy” clove; a little while later, something that reminds me of… nutmeg? caraway seeds? This aspect reminds me of Mr. Fezziwig’s Ball, which I love! A kind of yummy, not-sweet “baking”/bready thing.
Hours later: clean laundry!

Given the cause, I had to grab this one, even though it's not in my usual scent wheelhouse!

It goes on as a tangle of florals - I can't pick out anything specific. It is very springtime-y, and maybe just a little spicy. Under that, there's the BPAL soil note, which smells exactly like rich dark soil, as expected! It's still not my usual as far as something I'd wear, but I think it might be a pretty springtime room scent, in an oil warmer, perhaps.

What it might smell like to be twitterpated: on wet, this is rich and invigorating with honeyed clove* and rooty soil, and then the flowers seem to magically bloom up out of it, finally drying down into a handsome rose scent. 

*not a clove tinged honey, definitely a honeyed clove

The description for this one is spot-on and I can smell all of the listed notes.  It goes on as rich, distinctly dry, red rose petals drizzled in golden honey with hints of warm clove, earth, sweet incense, and perfumey floral reminiscent of fancy orchids.  It smells like a goth femme fatale, especially as it dries down, where the rose becomes slightly more subtle and the clove and incense get a bit stronger. 

Clove cigarettes, Romanti.Goth incense, dead roses and sultry black orchids with a drizzle of sugared honey.  I might need a full 5ml.

Soft powdery roses and champaca, hint of dirt and orchid. This is dark, soft, gothy. Medium throw and wear length.