Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A shape-shifting white flame, thrumming with otherworldly power: white amber, sheer vanilla husk, pale woods, yew sap, jasmine sambac, orris butter, white plum, and lily of the valley.

This smells quite syrupy out of the bottle(sweet and floral with a bite from something fruity and even a little wormwood-like note) So I'm definitely going to go with the wormwood note I'm smelling being the yew sap because I have personally never smelled it before and this is strange to me. I am getting a strong plummy note but it's a lighter plum...sheer? The orris is lifting it up so that it kind of hums and tickles your nose but not enough for you to suspect that. Lily of the valley is brightening up the slurry of fruity floral jasmine and plum. This oddly enough reminds me of Halloween. It smells like the air when the leaves are falling and there's candy in all the children's bags but much fruitier. The sweetness here is candy sweet and the woodiness is like a fresh seasonal wood. Overall it's a fruity plum/jasmine with a hint of Halloween air. 

To me, this seems in the same family as The Girl, Ava, and I Sit and Sew. It has a few similarities to Woman at the Edge of the Woods as well, though this is less earthy. Overall, this is a very sheer, ethereal "green" vanilla, with a light backdrop of jasmine and lily of the valley. I get more vanilla and yew than plum, but maybe I will detect that more at some point. Quite lovely and faery like.

On me, this wears like a soft wash over the skin like a watery muted sweet anise sort of scent, with a blended something in the aura of the listed notes.  

That blended something creates a sort of ethereal softly sweet floral blend, like flowers blended together trying their best to create a Fae like softly sweet sheer vanilla.  

The orris starts to steal the show from the anise like note on center stage after I wear it for a bit, but it’s subtle, just a little prickery amidst that cool floral blended vanilla style skin scent.  

it is overall a springy but cool toned scent, and wears like the notes are all watered down in a very Fae fashion.  It wears on me like an aura blendy skin scent.  

This is sort of a contender for me to seek out a FS but I’m not 100% sure yet.  

Soft white florals (jasmine and lily), vanilla, and something green. This smells like a cool spring white floral on the forest floor. Medium throw and wear length.

This is in the same scent family as Ava. I slathered on Ava too hard last week and could still smell it the next day (that's how strong it was), and this gives me serious Ava vibes. I'd say it's a sister scent. It has that same sparkly ethereal quality to it, only this has plum instead of mandarin and some soft woods mixed in with the floral notes.

I had passed on this because I thought it would be too similar to Berlin Girls 1925 from the list of notes (scent notes on that one are "white amber and vanilla fougere with a touch of coconut, white plum, jasmine sambac, and toasted white almond, and a thin, dry exhale of white tobacco"). This is nothing like that scent despite sharing several notes in common, although they both have a traditional, mainstream-esque perfume vibe. I'm really glad I got to try this (thank you to the kind forumite who frimped this to me!), but fortunately don't need to hunt down more of it as I'm not big on plum and prefer Ava.