Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Marble-white sandalwood threaded with veins of ambergris, crystalline holy water, galbanum, petitgrain, white vetiver, flowering sage, and the memory of incense smoke.

I am very familiar with vetiver, it is one of my favorite notes in perfume starting way back when I was getting into LUSH perfumes. Breath of God has a nice clean vetivert and this does too. This scent is clean yet smoky. The holy water note is what I believe is making this super clean yet interesting. It has a cologne-like aspect, watery, and aldehydes. Yet, underneath there is a sacred incense smoke and sandalwood. Smooth and smoky. I'm also smelling a white musk... something like NAVA Tibetan Crystalline. I would say this rests halfway between TC and BoG. I like this one more than both however. 

In the imp this is a crisp, clean incense. Incense with a warm, slightly salty musk from the ambergris. The sage and aquatic notes are giving a clean freshness to it. On my skin it is much smokier, the vetiver at the front now. But it doesn't get too harsh, just a light smoke over the sandalwood and incense. The sage and aquatic notes are detectable, but just barely.

Horn of Benediction doesn't have nearly as much vetiver present on my skin as I would have liked.  It's definitely a white vetiver -- everything here is light and bright.  The sandalwood, sage and incense are hard to pick apart -- it's similar to the white incense note in some blends.  The overall vibe is of a clean, summery incense, with a whiff of ambergris.