Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Salt-polished stone, seafoam, ocean spray, balsam, tobacco flower, white kelp, and black tea.

I got this today!    The initial blast of salt and stone is amazing, and lasts for a few minutes.     When it settles in, it becomes mild, and you get the softer tea and tobacco flower notes.

It actually turned into a lovely subtle scene on me, but the first several  sniffs were exciting!

Edited by zmulls

In the bottle and on application, there's a strong blast of sea spray, backed by mineralic notes. There's a hint of salt, but it's more a fresh and borderline soapy aquatic than salty. As it settles, the kelp, tobacco flower, and balsam come out more and moderate the sea spray note -- it's still definitely an aquatic, but with a soft smoothness underneath that takes it out of straight-up sea spray territory. The black tea adds a slight astringency, but not an overpowering one. Surprisingly subtle after drydown, and the tobacco flower and balsam gives this blend something that differentiates it from all the other aquatics in my stash. No blind bottle regrets here.

A beautiful mineralic seaspray! Not too salty, and with a beautiful green wash and a clean lift from the tobacco flower. 

Might shock some of you, but this is #Murmaider [x16]  aquatic. I don't get much nuance in the beginning, just those marine notes, unisex, pleasant, nice, wearable to work. I do get those minerally notes. Nothing like Black Opal or anything, just kind of stoney.  The bottle art is lovely, very relaxing to look at in person and takes my mind away to cold northern places, so I do enjoy that about it. Atmospheric but wearable. 

Thalassa is still my aquatic queen, but this is still beautiful if you like gender neutral aquatics.

Sea salt spray and pirates! This smells like seafaring. Salty ocean and sea spray. Medium throw and wear length.

This is a lovely blend of aquatic and woods. It doesn't go laundry on me and I think it comes close to capturing that salty note that hangs in the air when you're somewhere on a coast. All the oceanic notes blend together well so they're hard to pick out individually. I do get wet stone under all the aquatics. The balsam contributes a flash of coastal forest, or maybe a washed-up piece of driftwood. The tobacco flower is the heart of this blend. Once the perfume settles on your skin for a while, it peeks out from between the waves. Because it's the flower, it's not as thick and chewy as other tobacco notes but it does still have that rich caramel sweetness that I adore. I don't really get the tea note, but it may be because the other notes drown it out.

This is probably my favorite aquatic. I stupidly only bought a decant last year that I've been carefully rationing so I was really happy I could pick up a bottle this year. I love it for warm days when I don't want to wear something heavy.