Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A black velvet swirl of inky musk, sweet patchouli, opium tar accord, cypress, frankincense, red benzoin, and tonka with vervain, poppy petals, frankincense tears, and bracken.

OK this is a Must Have if you like the Lab's darker/earthier patch/resin notes.  In the bottle:  Not playing around here; this is all dark musk, patch, and tarry sweet incense.  On, wet:  The sweeter notes of the sweet patch, cypress, nd benzoin come out to play.  Drydown:  Long, slow morpher, on me at least.  Takes several hours to fully develop; lands on me as a dark, funky, inky patch with a small hit of incense sweetness.  Sits close to the skin so low throw after initial drydown, but long morphy weartime!

Incense, palo santo, touch of citrus, and musk. This smells... alchemical? It's a very incense-palo santo smell. Medium throw and wear length.

The combination of the first seven notes is a recipe for dark, mysterious beauty. I am a huge fan of opium tar in perfume so I am thrilled it is the star for me here, supported by the black musk, patchouli, cypress, frankincense and vanillaic oils. I feel like the frankincense and patchouli almost cancel each other out. I can tell they're both here, but neither dominates. It's more of a feeling but that's hard to explain. Beautiful.