Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Blacklight Reactive Grim Reaper Poster

No need to fear this lean, green, soul-harvesting machine wrapped in a voluminous cloak of glossy black patchouli, scorched cedar, gleaming leather, inky musk, charcoal, black champaca petals, and cannabis accord with a scythe-sharp slash of eucalyptus leaf.

Ooo, this is really nice. The patchouli and the cannabis meld together so one is pretty indistinguishable from the other. Despite the notes here, it's not super heavy. Hours in everything melds together nicely, with the champaca and leather combining with the rest to create a hazy, smokey blend. I don't get any eucalyptus leaf, but that just could be that it gets eaten by the other notes. Not a ton of throw, but I also applied pretty sparingly. It lasts all day though, and there's a faint musky hint of it at end end of the day. Very happy with my bottle.

Here's the dank one of the set, imo. Glossy black patchouli plus cannabis is a slam dunk. The dark musk and champaca petals give it a bit of softness, and the cedar and eucalyptus give it just a hint of a sharp edge. I'm not finding the leather or the charcoal on my skin, but I'm definitely hanging onto this one, so we'll see where it goes. 

BlackLight Poster on the Wall, who is the doobiest of them all?  THIS ONE.  I got a bunch of the set and this one has the strongest cannabis accord of the lot, and is even "weedier" than the weed note in Whiskey and Weed, or Pumpkin Spice Doob.  It's perfect for the hot sticky weather we are having in NYC right now, which since decriminalization, smells like a combination of hot concrete and....weed.  In the bottle--smack you in the face strong cannabis note with the tiniest hint of black leather in there.  On, wet--this is still all about the doobage, with a background of black leather and a hint of black musk creeping up in the background gradually.  Drydown:  Yeah, doobage is still front and center on this one, with a smooth, powdery sort of black leather/black musk/patchouli going on.  Over time the patch gradually peeks out to almost stand next to the doobage, but not quite.  Like this now, but expect it to age out to something even better!

Sometimes my skin chemistry makes me sad. I mostly get patchouli and maybe champaca while this is wet, not really much cannabis or other notes at all. The patchouli is fluffy and sweet, keeping it from getting too sharp. There is a note in here I occasionally catch a whiff of that is dry and raspy, giving a contrast to the sweet patchouli. Maybe it's the leather or the charcoal? As this perfume dries, I get a bit more green peeking through the patchouli, but I'm not sure I'd be able to identify it if I didn't know what it was already.

My skin tends to really amp patchouli and champaca, but I was hoping the other notes would put up more of a fight. Happy I got to try it but I think it's not for me.

Edited by dancingchair

Okay, out of all of them this smells most like weed. This is downright, you got a bag of pot my friend. Good throw, good wear length, of course.

Perfume cannabis that smells of dark green, cooked spinach (like the way my favorite sencha teas have that spinach-y undertone), sticky, green sap, and a slightly spicy, slightly sour, herbal weed.  I hate the smell of actual weed, but I like the fragrance version of it that shows up in perfumes.  For a while, I can kind of pick out earthy patchouli, a teensy hint of leather, and a waft of incense smoke, but I have to focus and try really hard to pick out those notes.  It's very heavy on the cannabis accord.  The champaca incense and charcoal finally nudge the cannabis out of the way a bit after a half hour, giving it a pleasant, smoky incense over the cannabis.