Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A dessert akin to a crustless cheesecake with a hint of vanilla and lemon zest.
Edited by Seajewel

I. Love. This. Scent.

I am of a certain age that I have childhood memories -fond childhood memories- of a certain fast-food restaurant having a special breakfast menu which included the most delicate cheese danish the world has ever known. It was light yet rich, sweet but not sugary. It was a perfect breakfast bakery confection.

That is what Syrnyk smells like: a delicately light, baked good with some creamy sweet cheese nestled inside. I am part Ukranian, and that sweet cheese note is SO particular as well- I loved having it especially in blintzes when I was small.

In short, this scent is a nostalgia-pack of delicious memory wrapped and placed into a small amber bottle.

I suspect this will become very popular, indeed. ❤️ 

Plastic.Vanilla.Plastic ☹

It gets better 😊

The vanilla is good but I don't smell any lemon or cheesecake. I'm from NY and am familiar with the things I'm not smelling. But, still a good vanilla.

And after reading reviews, I must have an odd bottle 😞 or it just needs to age.

Eta: it must be my skin chemistry 😞 I smell everything in the bottle! Grrr...

Edited by HerbGirl

The cheesecake is the strongest note and it's really realistic! The lemon zest is light; I actually think the vanilla is a bit stronger, so I wouldn't consider this scent to be lemon prominent.

In the bottle, this is 100% the scent of cheese Danish filling. Never would have guessed how badly I needed to smell like this, but here we are. On the skin, the vanilla and lemon sweetness both come out - it's sweet, VERY sweet, with rich plastic undertones that I love. Drydown is vanilla custard.

I love the Lab's cheesecake scents and this one is wonderful too.  It is so velvety, creamy and sweet.  Not quite as tangy and rich as the Beaver Moon cheesecakes.
My mother would always buy Entenmann's cheese danish when we went camping and this reminds me of the taste of that cheese danish.  Creamy, vanilla-y cheesecake goodness with an almost light and fluffy feel (but not light on throw) and a hint of golden, buttery, crumb topping and powdered sugar.  I actually don't get the lemon at all, and thankfully nothing here turns to plastic on my skin.  Very much a creamy, cool, gourmand vanilla.

This features an amazing vanilla that puts me in mind of a high quality vanilla extract (minus the alcohol) with some creaminess from the cheesecake (but without the tang) and just the barest hint of lemon zest. 

I'm not a big fan of cheesecake, and I've never had Syrnyk, but now I want to!

A bottle will be going into my next order. :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

this sadly was not a hit for me, it’s very generic vanilla candle on my skin. 😔 it smells fantastic in the bottle though! skin just seems to not like this one. 

Warmed, creamy vanilla cheese Danish. Hints of lemon waft in and out. Tasty, at first.

After a few minutes, though, something in this turns a bit off and cheesy-rank (cheese a little past its prime) on my skin. 

Every now and then, a lovely little creamy lemon returns and distracts me in a way I appreciate, but there's still something not working with my chemistry.

I totally get the Danish thing with a hint of lemon. I really love it and because it’s not super strong or heady, I can wear it to work!

This was by far my fave of all the Ukraine dessert scents.  At first it seems like it’s going to go weird like every other cheesecake scent I’ve ever tried has though it starts a sweet bright lemony cheesecake.  The dry down on this reminds me of cheesecake dusted with powdered sugar.  It’s like the powdered sugar from Pralines and Powdered Sugar but with a creamy vanilla cheesecake.  Not a ton of throw and I’ll have to wait for a full day test to see about wear length.  

I’ve only tried this on my skin so far, and it quickly turns to that salty peanut note I so often get from cream-like scents.

BUT I HAVE MY FINGERS CROSSED that this will stay true in a scent locket, because the scent itself is the beautifully creamy lemon vanilla dessert scent I have been searching for.

Just ordered a bottle of this after my sweet friend gifted me a decant. It’s so delicious! I was nervous about the staying power and it is a little light on throw for me, but it stays on my skin a loooong time. This is like a cheesecake single note on me or cheese danish. It’s so good. I don’t get much lemon and I’m so okay with that. I love cheesecake scents, and if you do too you need to grab this! It’s one of the best I’ve tried EVER! :wub2:

This one's all about the cheesecake! Sweet cream cheese, with a little waft of lemon in the distance. Mmm. I really like this, but I wish the throw was stronger - it's still there a couple hours later, but very skin-close: I have to get my nose right up to my wrist and sniff. The lemon's very, very faint, so much so that I almost wonder if I'm just imagining it because I know it's supposed to be there!

My mom also tested this one, and she said it smelled good but too foody for her - she wanted to eat it, not wear it! But she likes bright big florals and also tropical scents - she loved Sunyashniki, out of the Ukraine scents, so I gave her my bottle and ordered a new one. 😄

On first application I get a burst of cheesecake but for me this settles into a lovely vanilla scent.

It's the kind of vanilla that is in baked goods, like vanilla essence. It reminds of vanilla buttercream, rather than vanilla cheesecake. I get hints of the lemon but it's more in the background.

Edited by becca_s

Yep. This might be my first encounter with the “burning plastic” phenomena…. Thankfully, it only strikes upon application! 
The scent, once it settles, in is unremarkable light vanilla on me, though I think that’s my skin on the Lab’s cheesecake. Eggnog Cheesecake was similarly disappointing.

Sadness. 
Glad I got to try it, though, and someone will love the bottle I’m sure! 

Edited by artisjok