Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scent I made for myself because I am very, very into toasted milk notes right now – scorched milk Snake Oil with a bit of caramelized sugar.

I just got this today at 12:00 pm and purposely left it in my car while I was at a work so it would warm up. I know the OG Snake Oil has been oos for a while now due to component issues but this is almost just as rich. That toasted quality makes it just the tiniest bit smokey to my nose. Can I say it’s like if Snake Oil was a flavor of creme brûlée? That’s what I’m going to say. I’m just sitting in my car in the sunshine refraining from errands because I’m huffing my wrists. This would also be stunning as a hair gloss…just saying.

Snake Oil mixed in sweetened condensed milk, full stop. All warmed, caramelized edges. Smells the same in the bottle, wet, and dry, lightening up slowly and beautifully. Sticks closer to the skin than other varieties of SO I've tried, so I'm not sure if the sillage is as potent as it normally is for me and SO. I usually prefer other people to be able to smell me if I'm wearing something nice, but if they can't detect this on me, it's their loss! Rich but not cloying or headache-inducing. I wouldn't call this foodie, but it makes me want a warm Vietnamese coffee real bad. Layering it could be fun if coffee notes work for you!

I knew this would need to be an insta-purchase and my hunch has paid off. I know some of y'all haven't had a chance yet to get some OG Snake Oil because of the on-going component nightmare, but this should soothe your ache until that can be corrected. I think the above-mentioned sweetened condensed milk analogy is on the money, for sure. 
I am one of those that doesn't actually like fresh SO- I am the old curmudgeonly crone that prefers the Snek to be aged, like, ten years. But even I can appreciate this straight from the mailbox, and yes, I WILL be buying a backup to age properly as well!

In All: If you enjoy any of the creamy SO variants, like Cream Soda or Scream Inside Your Snake Oil, you will 100% want to bathe in this. ❤️ 

This has that heady, spicy vanilla Snake Oil thing going on but also a delicious smooth, sugared milk note that doesn't go sour on me at all. The comparison to creme brulee is spot on. I'm in the camp of enjoying Snake Oil but not being obsessed with it, but this is definitely one of my favorite iterations of it. I already put a rare backup bottle in my cart. 

This was amazing immediately out of the mail.  

I have never tried “plain” SO - but this smells like what I imagine decently aged SO to smell like in my mind lol, but with the addition of the milk scent rounding it off.  

I’m really noticing the vegetal musks (my favorite part), earthy patchouli, and dark vanilla in this much more and in a sort of richer and smoother way than in the other blends I’ve tried so far.  

the milk aspect isn’t cloying or thick/sour/weird in any way on me, as milk notes can go sometimes.  It just serves to add this emanating warmth that really makes the darker aspects of the SO shine and meld gorgeously.  

The milk has a toastyness to it, and ever so slightly sweetened - the closest I can describe is it almost has like a tinge of toasty caramel or butterscotch to it, but it’s not overly gourmand.  It’s just like this soft semi sheer milky warmth that doesn’t take over the SO at all, just enhances it in an iconic cozy way without compromising the darker earthy tones of the SO one bit.   

The projection is at just the right level - beautiful and easy to wear/not cloying, but present.  It’s very grounding, and one of those scents that effortlessly becomes a part of your aura - obviously very different from snake smut, but they “wear” similarly in that aspect, like putting on a favorite jacket.  
I call scents like this BMW perfumes because they’re like luxury cars in my mind hahaha (saying this as someone who has never drove a car and knows nothing about them 😂)

I totally agree that this seems like it would be an amazing hair gloss, and dreamed of one as soon as I tested the bottle out      : P 

Edited by Viiinylflowers
Adding thoughts n stuff

Milk note is basically Aeode, Melete, Mneme for those familiar. It smells like you blended those two perfumes together! It is sweet and very rich. I love it!

Okay, I just got this in the mail so it may need to settle, but I couldn’t wait. In my opinion, it’s like if fresh Snake Oil and Milk Moon (which I like a lot) had a baby but the baby got more of Milk Moon’s genes. I like it but I am hoping for more SO to come out, so I may update my review a little later and since I like everything with SO better aged, I may get a second bottle to set aside for a few years. : D 

Whoa. 😯 Milky, caramel Snake Oil. Wow. It's amazing. Very smooth, nothing abrasive, sharp or cloying. This may be my favorite Snake Oil variant yet.

I love love love snake oil. And I’m recently getting more into milky creamy notes, so this was an instant purchase. Right from the mailbox, I was a little worried that it would be too gourmand for my liking. It was definitely sweet and I couldn’t track the snake oil, just from sniffing the bottle. So I waited and I tried this on the day after receiving it in the mail. When first applied, it smelled so much like sweetened condensed milk, with a hint of butter. I couldn’t find a ton of snake oil, but when it dried down I could find it. I actually mostly found it when I wasn’t sticking my wrist directly under my nose, and instead as wafts when I want searching for it. It was almost addicting, I couldn’t stop smelling my wrists. 

After a few days I applied again and was surprised at how much the snake oil came through, compared to the first application. It definitely smells like condensed milk and has a strong and steady base of sexy snake oil. Am I in love? Yes, yes I am. It’s not too gourmand for me, it’s balanced absolutely perfectly. 

My partner also doesn’t really like gourmands, but even he likes this one (on me). He said it definitely smells like scorched milk. And he also brought up that it sorta smells like milk oolong (IYKYK… but seriously, tea lovers should try milk oolong. It’s one of my favorites).

All in all, this one is a keeper. Especially if you love snake oil and milky scents. 

i've been trying to pinpoint the "milk" part of snake milk.  sweetened condensed milk is very close, but it's more caramelly.  not your standard scorched-sugar caramel, though. it's so very creamy. 

finally today it hit me:  dulce de leche! specifically the kind my mom used to make by cooking down a can of sweetened condensed milk in the pressure cooker.  then she'd mix that heavenly brown goop with powdered suger to make the most decadent, rich icing you could possibly imagine.  that's it, straight up.  dulce de leche and snake oil. 

this puppy is SWEET.  like sweetsweetsweetsweet.  the sweetness cannot be overstated here. when you first put it on, you can feel it in the back of your throat it's so rich. but after a few minutes it dies down a little, and that snake oil musky resiny spiciness starts rising up through it... just.  unf.  

it defies contemplation, what is going to happen inside this bottle over the next few years.  assuming i can keep my greedy paws out of it enough to have some left to actually age. 

Edited by MamaMoth

gimme a bathe oil now!

if i were to have a signature scent i could seriously see it being snake milk! plus it layers so well with my other scents, super win for me!

i have nothing more to add than i very much agree that it smells like creme brûlée, condensed milk, and flan. any sweet custardy dessert plus snake oil muskiness. this smells better on me as time goes on and i’m very strongly considering a second bottle just to age it. also the first time i smelled it, it brought me right back to making eggnog ice cream with my dad at christmas. i might need two just for the nostalgia slathering i’ll do in december.

I'm generally kind of meh about original Snake Oil because I tend to find it too heavy and incense-y. On the other hand, I've been avoiding gourmands lately since they tend to go sickeningly sweet on me. Snake Milk manages to find a perfect happy medium between these two things. The SO spices go a little sharp on me as the scent dries down, but once it's dried down, I get a rich, caramelized creme brulee with SO muskiness in the background, keeping the sweetness in "just right" territory. If you liked Please Scream Inside Your Snake Oil, you'll probably also like this.

In the bottle I get sweetened condensed milk laced with snake oil.  Historically, condensed milk scents end up being all kinds of awful on my skin, so I was concerned.  On the skin it becomes more of a candied or a salted caramel snake oil.  It's pretty, but the muskier incense notes don't quite sit well with the candied notes.  I'm sure all that it needs is a bit of aging to smooth things out a bit more.

Also, it's pretty clear that this one is using the aged patch and vanilla that have been missing from the pandemic snake oil varients.  The vegetal notes and the musks are more tempered and well behaved, the patch less high pitched, and the vanilla more full-bodied.

This is sweet, but it doesn't make me think of caramelized sugar. I am getting a lot of frothy steamed milk and it is very realistic. It blends wonderfully with the musks and patchouli from Snake Oil. This is basically a Snake Oil steamer. I like it!

Usually, Snek variants are mostly variant and very little Snek on my skin before they have aged. I like that --- because I have a lot of these variants around, and too much Snek would mean too much sameness between them.

Snake Milk falls outside this norm. On me, it shows up as nearly all Snek. It's lots of Snek and a little toasted brown sugar.

I'm surprised to find I get almost no milk from this while it's wet. It's Snake Sugar... not as much Snake Milk.

Once this dries, though, a soft, caramel creaminess comes out; the toasted brown sugar grows, too. I love all sugar and most milk notes. The dried Snake Milk is the Snek I sought.

Last night I layered this with Milk, Burnt Honey, and Ambrette Seed for an even warmer variant on this Snek theme. The burnt note in MBHAS is harsh, but once the early phase passes, these two blends make 'licious companions.

ETA: After this sits around for more than a week, the condensed milk note comes into play and the Snek settles down some. Really love this now.

Edited by Casablanca

I bought Snake Milk from the lab and it arrived about a week ago. It is very heavy on the condensed milk. I ordered Shadwell along with it which also contains condensed milk as a scent note so I'm thinking maybe they were blended at the same time and that's why Snake Milk is so milky? Does anyone know if the condensed milk note weakens over time, or if not, do you think the Snake Oil will deepen with age? 

Lots of milk in this snake at first.  I’m also getting the bite of fresh snake oil.  I’m not a huge milky perfume fan, but I’m betting this will age fabulously.  There’s not a speck of sugar here, but again, maybe it will come later.  I’ve never met a snekk that I didn’t like so off to the cellar with ya for a year or two.😆

*Straight out of the mailbox because I couldn't wait, I was so excited to try this one! 

In bottle: Toasty and smokey, can't really pick out any notes 

Wet, on skin: I can a hint of the scorched milkiness and it fades pretty quickly into what I assume the OG snake oil is (though I've never tried it) it's got a lovely vegetal musk bite to it at this stage 

Dry, on skin (about five minutes): Light snake oil a with a faint caramel-esque scorched sugar-ness about it that will be great. Hopefully this comes out more as the day goes on. Of course, the bottle will have to settle for a while.

Dry (after a few hours): Oh there we go, the scorched milk note is out in full force now, the comparison to crème brûlée is spot on with the snake oil musk/patch in the background. This is really fantastic! 

Methinks this will age beautifully 

Edited by lipstickonmyteeth92
Adding information

On me, Snake Milk is a buttery milk swirled with some fresh Snake Oil that's very strong on the musk. Although the milk is buttery, it's not, say, White Larry levels of buttery. And it gets less buttery over time and adds a slightly caramelized dairy tang to the scent, which I'm really enjoying.

I think I need more than a decant in my life. I have a feeling that this is going to age fabulously.

In the Bottle: Tinned cat food.

Wet: Tinned cat food with Snake Oil sauce.

Dry: Melted plastic and Snake Oil. Well, at least it no longer smells like cat food. Alas, I was hoping for some of the cream from Olisbokolike to make an appearance. But considering how some of my other, beloved Snake Oil variants stopped working for me in recent months, I should be less indignant or surprised that this smells dreadful on me. I'll have to test this again in another few months and see what happens.

I get a VERY toasted milk note mixed with spicy snake oil. It’s not as sweet as I thought considering the caramelized sugar. Maybe that will come out more with aging. While this isn’t as sweet as I wanted it is addicting. There’s something so cozy that I keep sniffing my wrist. I’m excited to see what happens when this ages. Pretty low throw and staying power. 

Floofy, marshmallowy caramelized condensed milk with a Snake Oil (sweet, sultry spiced vanilla musk) chaser. Not as sweet as you might expect. It becomes less floofy and condensed milk and more 'Snake Oil with lactic sugars' in the dry stage. After an hour or so of dry wear it wanders back into condensed milk territory. It's a fun variant on Snake Oil.

I am obsessively on the hunt for a staple milk scent, but this will not be the one for me. 

Edited by deepquietvoice

The OG SO is always a little aggressive and intimidating on me. Fresh or well-aged, I just don’t feel comfortable trying to pull it off. Snake Milk, on the other hand, is my kind of snek. The changes come across as only slightly sweet, and I don’t get anything overtly milky; in fact this smells downright nutty to me. Snek Nuts. I’m going to buy more.