Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Here I Sette My Thynge to Springe

The description is totally accurate. In the bottle and wet on skin, this is strong, rich soil. There's a suggestion of wetness, rain and stone, and a bit of the electric charge in the air after a storm. But mostly it's muddy, fertile spring soil. The mineral element gets strong on dry-down, and the whole thing fades fairly quickly.

This goes on as soil with perhaps some mushrooms poking through? I get a slightly powdery sweetness with the soil that I think I also got from Death Cap, buuut I haven't worn that in a while, so I'd have to deathmatch them to be sure. But a grassy vetiver note emerges after a while and gains strength over time, making this a very grassy vetiver backed by some soil on me. I did deathmatch this with Graveyard Dirt Redux, and this scent has more throw and staying power than Graveyard Dirt does on me, but I think I like Graveyard Dirt more because it doesn't become a vetiver bomb on me (but at least the vetiver isn't a smoky variety!).

I know I wouldn't reach for this over my other dirt scents, but if you're looking for dirt and vetiver, look no further!

Really vibing with this. Opens a little powdery but that vanishes almost immediately and leaves behind a very enjoyable wet dirt with just the smallest glimpses of sprouts peeking out. I wish I got more vetiver--I don't think I would have picked it out if I hadn't looked at the other reviews before starting mine, and I do love me some vetiver. It gets vaguely floral as it wears, which I'm not thrilled with, but it's such a light scent that I don't think I could trigger a migraine from it. Surprisingly good throw despite that, I keep catching whiffs when I move my arms. I can see myself using this a lot in the summer when other scents could be suffocating.

Rich soil, very green, hint of something foodie. This smells like burgeoning life - a garden bursting with growth. Medium throw and wear length.