Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Bullfinch and Weeping Cherry (Uso, Shidarezakura)

Weeping cherry blossoms, pink musk, woad, black plum, benzoin, tuberose, and incense smoke.

The throw of cherry blossom from this is super intense! In the bottle, it just smells like dryer sheets. I expected that based on the notes. This is still very new and I want to let it settle for about 6 months to see how it changes, but right now I just smell lots of cherry blossom. That's fine with me 🙂 If I try really hard, I think I'm smelling the woad because it isn't any of the other listed notes. It's a nice inky but velvety quality. This is going to be gorgeous and I am happy to have a bottle. 

Goodness. 30 minutes in, this is such a cherry blossom bomb! I bet the benzoin is doing a great behind the scenes support job because this cherry blossom sticks around. If you love cherry blossom, I hope you take a chance with this. 

ETA 10 Nov 22 the cherry blossom has intensified and yet folded itself into the scent. I don't know how to describe it but it is a pleasure to wear/ smell.

Edited by HerbGirl

Goes on as a high pitched, soapy, musky-perfumey, white floral bomb and I was filled with instant regret.  Sharp, dry and soapy, reminiscent of spring floral scented dryer sheets, with an extra shot of sharp musk.  The incense smoke in the drydown just comes off as another harsh, dry component that smells dusty and gritty here.

I was hoping that this would smell more creamy and pink with some plum and sweet resin, but it's not any of those things :(

Intense, musky, ultra-pink cherry blossoms at first blush... But the scent quickly falls back into a powdery, generic floral for me, like a cake collapsing.

Dry incense smoke wafts out as the backing for the flowers before long. I think of an ancient temple behind blooming cherry trees. It wants to work, but for me, this is too musky and powdery.

Cherry blossom dryer sheets. The dryer sheets are thanks to the incense. This is how it remains throughout most of the day, with just touches of plum and tuberose in the background.

The cherry blossom dryer sheets aren't bad, but I prefer other cherry blossom scents to this one. 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is stunning, and an impressive interpretation of the painting: light pink in the foreground and an inky dark background. The floral pink sings out through the early part of the drydown, and settles down thereafter. The darker colors of this scent like plum and woad stay closer to the skin. I don't wear a lot of floral, but I'm hanging onto my decant to spend some time with it. 

Bullfinch and Weeping Cherry was extremely unlikely to work on me, but I love the woodcut so much I had to give it a try.  Plus I was interested in the woad note.  Like doomsday_disco, I get mostly cherry blossom dryer sheets.  Unfortunately, I also get tuberose, which I dislike.  I can't make out any smokiness, any black plum, or anything I could possibly identify as woad.  Swaps. 

Sweet, musky cherry blossoms and a clean breezy note in the bottle. Almost candy sweet. On my skin the incense and plum come in and tone down the sweetness. The vibe is less cloud of cotton candy and more swirling purple cloud. The tuberose comes in as it dries and gives a headiness to the blend. Love this as a slightly darker alternative to my other cherry blossoms! 

Cherry blossom, woaed (smells like oily ink) and a touch of plum incense. Medium throw and wear length. 

i really disliked this when i got it - i got dryer sheets. cherry blossoms, plum, and pink musk are favorites of my mine, and i tend to love incense smoke as well, so i was pretty disappointed.

i pulled it back out and the pink musk & plum are getting stronger. still a little dryer sheet-y, but i’m hoping it will continue to develop. glad i held on to it. i’m not sure what it is that is rounding out the scent at the end that gives that soapy feel,

but i’m hoping that the aging continues to temper it.

Edited by picturesofmeghan

bullfinch scared me at first because in the bottle this smells very soapy. that is sometimes how cberry blossom seems to go for me so i was expecting it to take that turn. much to my surprise and delight, upon application bullfinch blossoms into an absolutely gorgeous white floral musk. it’s really well blended, with the cherry blossoms coming to the forefront as the most recognizable note. the other notes don’t seem to come out on their own, but blend seamlessly to give the vibe of a department store perfume. very much a pink/white floral musk. sadly my skin eats this up. it’s almost completely undetectable on the skin after about an hour of wear, although my clothes abosrbwd the oil where i applied it and the scent lasted on them for much longer, with a crazy strong throw.