Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In The Bottle: SWEET MARZIPAN, BATMAN! :D  For those familiar with Mystical Aphorisms, the almond in this scent, at least at this stage, is very reminiscent of that, so if you're a fan (and I AM), then it looks like good news lies ahead. 🤞

Wet On Skin: Oh wow. This was entirely unexpected. But before full dry-down even happens, the scent morphs dramatically, and the afore-mentioned marzipan-almond has pretty much left the next altogether. But try not to fret, because what's left is the cream petals and almond blossoms, and that is actually stunningly beautiful all on their own.

Dry Down, the scent has stayed true. I'm totally baffled as to why the almonds disappeared so completely, especially since it was SUCH a powerful note initially, but that's okay.

In All: VERY low throw- this will require a bit of slathering, even if your skin isn't thirsty. Delicate, spring-like, close-to-the-skin. This is a good choice for those normally averse to florals OR foodie scents, and those that have wanted a skin scent that isn't musk-based. It defies true categorization. I would expect this is going to be something a great many people will want to hoard, in the vein of The Girl. 😘 

Wet, this is a marzipan-like, cherry-ish blast of almond, but this quickly recedes as it dries. Then it's a very delicate almond blossom, almost like an almond blossom musk, and a lovely cream note that feels almost toasted due to the almond. At the moment it wears pretty close to the skin, but I catch lovely wafts of it here and there. If you're an almond fan, you can't really go wrong with this one.

Not marzipan, not burnt almond cake, not blossomy or bakery, for me. This is steamed whole milk with orgeat, and somehow a bit of honey.

I was hoping for “almond tree”, which this isn’t — but the scent in this bottle thoroughly fills my cup. Warm, cozy, light, beautiful.

If you love almond, you'll love this scent. If you don't, you won't, because it is ALMOND ALL OF THE TIME. It goes on with a cherry/almond vibe but then changes into toasted almonds (like the kind on a croissant or danish) with some creaminess, but it doesn't remind me of marzipan. It loses some of the toasty quality over time, giving way to more of the almond blossoms, but it doesn't really read as a floral scent, just sweet almond with a whiff of soft, creamy petals caught on a breeze, and what remains of the toasted almonds beneath it.

As an almond fan, I'm happy to have a bottle of this one! It's a soft, comforting scent that manages to retain its almondiness and somehow be stronger than a lot of other scents with almond as a main player.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is so awesomely in the bottle, yummy marzipan, which I love to eat on cakes at a particular bakery I buy from as a treat.  On the skin, in turns a bit dusty, but not for long.  This one has a creamy aspect to it.  I thought the dust was going to ruin it for me, but it appears to be gone, thank goodness.  Still, I wish it had stayed like the marzipan I initially smelled.  It’s more toasty almond in the end.

In the bottle and for the first few minutes on my skin, this is lots of that almond extract that smells like maraschino cherry syrup.  I hate that smell, so I was concerned.  As it dries down, though, the burn of that extract scent wears off, leaving behind just an impression of white sugary sweetness, and this becomes very soft, cool and creamy with a toasted, grainy, golden quality.   I expected more floral, but this smells just like marzipan on my skin, so very sweet and gourmand.  It also fades quickly to just a skin scent and only lasts about 2 hours total on me.

Syrupy-sweet, creamy vanilla amaretto with cherry hints. A heavily almond amaretto.

Yep. It's... basically all those things.

So, if you like these things, you're likely to be quite happy with this. But if you do not...

I'll enjoy the decant.

In the Bottle: This smells exactly like how Odense brand marzipan tastes. I've eaten nearly a pound of it over the past two weeks, so I can say this with firm authority, lol!

Wet: Delicious, sticky, wonderful marzipan.

Dry: This takes maybe 20 minutes to turn into a vague skin scent. I'm hoping a bit of time will help it develop some staying power because I really, really love it. I may start experimenting layering with it before I stick it into a drawer to age.

UPDATE 10/25/2022: OK! Time has done wonders for this scent. I still get marzipan but there's also a hint of creamy floral in there making it more than just a marzipan scent. It is no longer a skin scent, but has medium throw and killer longevity. I've had this on for 11 hours now and it still is giving off whiffs of almondy goodness. It's absolutely amazing.

Edited by Tamarinda
Update

This smells exactly the way you expect it to when looking at the notes, and it’s a lovely blend of all almond all the time. (None of that cherry scent I sometimes get from almond, either.) It’s creamy more so than nutty. I wish it lasted longer on the skin, and I’m gonna try it in a scent locket next.

In the decant, this is a toasty almond with a creamy undertone. Unfortunately, it's less toasted almond and more almond extract with something plasticky on my skin. Too bad this one doesn't get along with my skin, because it smells great in the decant.