Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

If you're looking for an aquatic beeswax scent, look no further.

The gaslight in this is the Lab's sweet, creamy beeswax note. I get some salt from the rain note, reminiscent of the sea salt and rain parts of Lavender, Sea Salt, and Rain, and the moss in this increases over time (as it is wont to do on me) so that it ends up being a salt-tinged moss swirled with some beeswax. The amber part of the rain note wasn't super noticeable on me, but that is probably because it got buried beneath the moss once the salt calmed down.

I feel like I have upgraded too many beeswax scents lately, so I'm waffling on whether or not I should upgrade this one. I'll have to see how much of my decant gets used up before this scent goes away, but it's really nice! I find it to be comforting and could see myself using it as a sleep scent.

This is so familiar and comforting! I could swear I have smelled this before, maybe there is a similar scent in the general catalog?

Actually we had a gas lamp post in the front yard growing up, maybe that is part of it!

There is a warmth to this scent that isn't smoky or spicy - reminds me of Horses. I didn't get beeswax there and I'm not getting it here, but the amber is subtly sweet and well-balanced against the rain and moss. Really nice.

The amber in this also reminds me of beeswax. It's a touch sweet without being cloying, but it's also smooth and creamy. It's a little dusty, not in a sour way, though. The amber is wonderfully balanced by the rain-slicked aquatic note and the moss. I don't know what gaslight smells like, but here it me think of the smoldering remains of a fire.

I love how this comes together, it's such a good rainy day perfume.

I’ve been wearing this almost everyday for a week. This is beautiful. The beeswax scent from the amber & gaslight is so nice. The hint of smoke flickers in & out which stops this from rolling into V'al Hanissim territory too much. But I love that one too.

This almost has a soft floral scent, sweetening the beeswax. I get very little of the rain, really no aquatic at all. The moss stays very soft on me, giving an almost ephemeral green to the whole blend. There is also a hint of wet slate, that cold night smell, but not aquatic.

Regardless, this is a splendid scent & I adore wearing it at night. Especially in the quiet early hours.  

This one starts off with clean, cool rain notes, with a distinct amber in the background. Once on, the amber and moss notes blend in a way that's a little too floral-perfumey for my liking (why does it smell weirdly like potpourri to my nose? Is my nose broken?). After drydown, that perfumey quality fades and is replaced by a soft, smooth beeswax. Overall, an atmospheric, clean rain scent with beeswax. I don't love the early stages but do enjoy the post-drydown, so this will be just a decant for me.

Rain-dewy, gassy beeswax and amber. That sounds much less pretty than this is.

Beeswax reigns, alongside a cool, rainy aquatic note. For me, there is a definite air-gassy note to this as well -- surprisingly appealing, despite its chemical nature. Its appeal comes from how it blends fantastically into the rain, making something that somehow reminds of both petrichor and oil lamps. Or beeswax lamps, perhaps.

Over some time, the gassy note develops a smokiness, and I can imagine the glass of a gas lamp going darker from its smoky film.

Lovely, unique scent.

I think people get the gist of this one by now. It's an amazing smoky beeswax, rain, and amber scent-or as doomsday_disco put it: aquatic beeswax. For my part, I never get the moss, but I have so many moss dominant perfumes as it is that this really isn't a big deal to me--and most others are getting the moss. Either way, it's just stunning. It's huffable in that same way that TSG is-completely different scent of course, but they share that same fluffy freshness that makes you just want to bury your nose in your wrists. I definitely regret getting just the one bottle. 💔

This starts out with a very soft, sweetened amber mixed with rain and moss. I can also detect what must be a beeswax note in this too, it blends seamlessly with the amber.  This one doesn't really change on me over wear time. It stays close to the skin and is a calm, relaxing kind of scent. I can imagine wearing this on quiet, rainy days. This is also probably the first scent I've really enjoyed a rain note, it's not a note I normally gravitate towards but it is really lovely here.