Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Carnal

Bold, bright mandarin paired with the sweet, sensual earthiness of fig.

I hate this somewhat less than I hate most fruity scents. :grin:

Actually, I find it really inoffensive. It's very light on me, and "sparkly," as someone else mentioned - almost like orange-flavored syrup in a fizzy champagne cocktail. The orange note smells more like neroli on me than the in-your-face orange Kool-Aid mandarin of Pumpkin Queen. It gets more and more floral as it wears.

Not me, but (except for the name!) I think it would be a nice scent for a young girl - it's a very light, innocent, playful scent.

Yum and yum. Two great notes in this frimp. I can't wait to try it!

In the vial - This is lovely! Bright and juicy and I think it's love.

Wet - The mandarin is light with just a hint of the fig lurky about to give it fullness. It's not overly sweet either.

Drying - Wow, I can barely smell the fig anymore, it's faded so fast. The mandarin smells like a light version of my red mandarin EO. It's not a sweet version, just light and citrus.

Dry (1 hour) - Poo, for some reason my skin always screws up the dry stage with fig. It's made it light, almost dry smelling and the mandarin is all but gone.

Overall - Sadly, there was no anchoring note to hold it in place. Maybe layered with something...

this smells like apple cider to me, thus reminds me of christmas/winter/autumn. i can see that it smells like orange spice, but it still reminds me of apple cider, even if it doesn't smell completely apple-like. i think i'd like to wear this one at the beginning of fall, but not much during the rest of the year. it is very evocative of autumn to me though.

Edited by theseagrows

I like this! :D It's got a fun, bubbly, happy "personality"!

This is sweet, bright and juicy fruitiness. Mostly mandarin, hardly any fig. (mandarin=tangerine=clementine=satsuma? I never understood the difference :P)

I want to eat my arm when I wear this scent :D

On me, for some reason, this is VERY apricot...maybe it's the combination of the fig and orange. Anyway, it's everything I wished the March Hare would be but wasn't - edible fruity yumminess! LOL

My only complaint is that it doesn't last long. However, I've found that it pairs WONDERFULLY with O, and then lasts most of the day. It also adds a nice 'creamy' dimension to the scent.

I'm all over a bottle of this! :P

WOW this is good. It's fig...then it's mandarin...then it's fig again...but always with the other scent still in play too. And it's so sparkly! If there were such a thing as mandarin/fig soda, it would smell like this.

The staying power, though, is not so great. But this isn't overpowering when freshly applied, so touching it up during the day would be easy.

In the vial: Cranberry cordial, faint fig.

Wet: I like it but it's too soft. I have to graze the tip of my nose against my wrist to even get a faint essence.

dry: plastic toys and fig newtons.

I think this could be great paired with something that brings out it's fig and orange... can't smell the orange at all. But alone this doesn't take the cake.

In the vial, this is a sweet, light orange. On me, the fig amps up a bit, making it even sweeter, but still with the orange brightness. Definitely a very "foody" scent on me, not fruit as I was expecting. I don't understand a lot about aromatherapy, so I don't really get the name. It's beautiful, but not something I would wear often, if at all. It would work better for me as a room scent. Since my imp was damaged and not swappable, I dumped the whole thing into a humidifier appropriate for use with essential oil. Wow, is it great! If I had my house on the market, I would so love to use this for showings. I think it would set up a wonderful scent association for buyers.

In the vial: mandarin, but I think I'm getting lemon as well. I can't pick out the fig at all.

Wet: Still just mandarin, but it's getting sweeter.

Dry: Candied mandarin. Like orange jelly sweets. I thought it'd be stronger than this, but it's quite faint on me, and fades fast, which is a shame, because I could get fond of Carnal.

ooh, this is very nice. i believe i gave my bottle of carnal to pilotkitten, now i'm wondering why :P

it's nice, especially for someone like me who's not the best with citrus scents. this is sweet, and bubbly. very pleasant.

Wet: bitter citrus, sweet florals, makes my mouth water :-)

Dry: Powdery sweet tarts. Nice but not really “me”. It might be fun for salt scrubs, tho.

When I got my latest BPAL package, one of the imps had a leak and the box smelled divine...The imp is almost empty, and after I smelled it I wanted to cry. I'm testing it now so that I can decided if I need to order more asap, lol.

In the imp: Before I had the notes in front of me, it just smelled sweet and deep and delicious. It's the same now - juicy and wonderful in a similar way to my dearest Fire Pig, but deeper and warmer.

Wet: Oh deliciousness. Warm, sweet mandarin, with the fig warming it up and making the scent nice and full.

Drying: The bf says it's a little strong, but I don't mind that as most smells dissappear quite quickly on me. I'm loving this smell. It's like the more mature (and sexier) older sister of Fire Pig.

Final verdict: I lovelovelove this scent. A definite bottle purchase. :P

Oh man~ I'd been on a streak of mediocre BPAL for awhile, guessing notes poorly/getting odd frimps, and this has restored my faith!

Whoever said "mandarin soda" was very close - I think it's more like those Izze sparkling fruit juices. Sweet and bubbly but entirely natural; verging on sugared, but not quite there. It smells mostly of mandarin on me but the fig gives it a certain tang that I adore. Perfectly blended, and I can see myself slathering this like CRAZY during the summer.

In the bottle, there's a hint of orange. But there's some other scent I couldn't identify.

On my skin, it was NO orange, and just that unidentifiable scent. That I eventually figured out smelled like baby.

Not baby powder, it was definitely baby. Like pure, innocence, just-washed-behind-the-ears baby. Not a bad scent, but...not exactly carnal either. I won't be keeping this one.

In the imp, Carnal smells like orange with a hint of fig. On my skin, all I can smell is orange candy. I like it, but I was really hoping for the fig to show as well. I'll keep Carnal around and see if the fig appears next time.

In the imp: Sweet-spicy--baked oranges, warm browns and plums

Wet: Basically the same as the imp--a pretty red-orange citrus fruit with a little extra kick.

Drydown and wear: This does not morph much on my skin, but as it dries, it reminds me of pumpkin for some reason. For people who really like Fall and foody scents, this would be a great choice. However, I'm not really into scents that "color" in the warm oranges and browns category, so I'm going to have to swap this imp

On first sniff, all I could get was potpourri. Old potpourri. Then it turned into lemongrass, or a lemony green scent. Now it's more like lemon cedar with some faint spiciness. I usually look at the scent descriptions only after I apply the oil, so I guess I have confused lemon with mandarin oranges. But still, usually I don't want to smell like oranges at all and maybe lemons only a little. WELL. This scent does not work on me. It would be nice for someone who likes green, citrusy, mildly sweet scents. The throw and the staying power are average.

I'm surprised -I want to like fig scents, but this one went kablooie on me. Also, it lasted about four hours on me, so it's too short as well. Maybe next time.

Imp: Very similar to Dorian, in some unexplained way. I love Dorian, so I'm curious to see where this will go.

Wet: Sweetened roobios tea with something fruity. I get a really mellow zing, but a really lovely sweetness. God, I can't stop smelling myself.

Dry: Wow, the fig in this (I looked it up) is such a great match to the mandarin. This is light, but oh so lovely. A keeper for sure. First fruity type scent I've really liked.

In Bottle: Wonderfull, I smell lots of mandarin.

Wet: Strange, now I smell mostly fig with a slight note of mandarin in the background.

Dry: Same as above. Though the scent has faded rather fast, it's now a very soft, sweet smell.

I love this one.

This is straight-forward yet amazing: mandarin and fig. I get the perfect mix of those two scents and it makes for an intoxicating, decadent, enticing scent. Carnal is a great name for it.

This is in my top 10 general catalogue scents. LOVE!

This actually made my mouth water it’s so damn tantalising. Mandarin which is somehow fruitier and less tart than orange as a citrus – I therefore prefer it. It smells precisely of candied fig with mandarin. It’s extremely alluring and smells wonderfully edible. I’ve mentioned before that generally citruses don’t do well with my body chemistry but this is fantastic and absolutely the exception. It gets even sweeter on drydown too.

Iced tea mix, you know, with sugar and lemon included. Remember that? Luckily (for me) the fig is fading so I have the nice orange, with cherry overtones. The tea still comes up, though.

Carnal - A friend has a candle that smells EXACTLY like this and only brings it out at Christmas. I love this one, it's very fruity. Not to mention it has staying power. A few hours later and I could still get strong whiffs of myself.

I paired it with Allison Gross today and smelled the way holidays do in my house. :P

In the imp I got something sweet and fruity, I guessed cherry, lemon and cloves. Wet, clove came out more, and 2 hrs. later I smell like mulled wine. I smell like Christmas! Bah, humbug.

I don't think I get a whole lot of mandarin from Carnal and in fact, Carnal isn't particularly fruity on me and I don't smell anything Christmas-like (skin chemistry is amazing!). I get a sort of earthy, subdued skin scent that makes me think of dark brown- maybe that's the earthiness of the fig. Fig lovers must love this one.