Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lotus root, sweet amber, warm cream accord, vanilla absolute, almond blossom, and tea rose. 

This is a cool, sweet scent. I feel like the blossom is a touch indolic? or maybe the lotus root has a bit of a bite? Not smelling any tea rose from this, but it's fresh from the mail. The almond blossom and lotus root are the most notable for me, from the get go. I can tell the amber will come into play. 

ETA: There's the tea rose, a little, on the drydown. And the vanilla lending some depth... yes... yes... so elegant. so gorgeous. 

Edited by ND¢

Triumphant Vulva is a very sweet vulva. It's strong on the almond blossom and lotus, which are sweet on their own, but the sweetness is amped up by the vanilla and cream notes. The amber and tea rose are present as well, with the latter becoming more noticeable over time and reminding me somewhat of Tea Roses and Lace. But the lotus and amber also bring to mind Blossoming Vulva -- only, this is much, much sweeter. The almond blossom has far more longevity than straight-up almond, the lotus isn't bubblegum-y, and tea rose doesn't always play nice on me, but it's being kind to me in this one. 

Sometimes I sniff this and love it, other times, I wonder if it might be too sweet. :think: I'll probably deathmatch this with the new Almond Blossoms scent when I get it to be sure I need both, but it's definitely one for fans of creamy, sweet florals. :heart: 

Almond blossom is a bit too strong for me! Drowning out what would be a very beautiful, clean scent otherwise. Lotus root with rose is a great combo. This rose is a girly garden rose and not soapy. Warm amber and vanilla warming it up. 

edit: I retested this and the almond blossom has calmed down considerably. It is now the sweet vanilla cream, lotus and pink garden rose. I think I'll get a bottle after all

Edited by wolf_truffles

On application strong cream soda and sweet lotus. As it dries down the florals start coming forward,  with neither the almond blossoms or rose standing out in particular, they’ve combined to this soft, lovely floral combo. The amber is chilling in the background, just sort of propping everything up. This is still very much about the lotus on me though and the lotus seems quite attached to the cream; I have yet to get one without the other. I would describe this as lotus cream soda accompanied by soft florals and one amber. It’s a very pleasant, very feminine scent that I’m glad to have it in my collection.

Mmmm sweet almond. Has a similar almond note to Fracas with Eleven Kabuki Actors, but much gentler. The lotus root is there too. It's in the same family as Vaginal Tales of the Nocturnal Palace but less floral, more soft and almondy. The amber is there too giving it an almost smokiness in the gentlest way possible. I know this smell somehow, like a delicate lotion. It feels comforting and gentle. There’s some similarity to Cherry Blossom Vulva as well; it’s a pleasant creamy floral. When dry, it can get a little cement-like and less smooth. Longevity is relatively short but not bad.

Oh WOW. Vanilla cream, boom. Then the lotus and rose, OMG I love florals with cream and vanilla alwaysssss. Lotus is so fruity and happy. This is a cheerfully victorious scent, like a vulva shouting “WOOHOO!” I definitely need a bottle.

In the Decant: I'm getting something acrid. Like you're in a factory that makes plastic.

Wet: Still that acrid, liquid plastic smell that I don't know how to place. There's a teensey bit of vanilla hiding underneath.

Dry: Welp. This smells godawful on me. I smell something jasmine-ish, which is always awful on my skin even though I love the smell of the flowers. I can't really tell what I'm smelling other than vaguely floral, vanilla-scented industrial liquids. Alas.

a sweet floral vanilla scent. it's pretty but might be too sweet for me. i get lotus, cream, vanilla and almond blossom at first. then lotus and tea rose? first it smells like cherry blossom to me. then i get something that smells like dryer sheets in the background. this one is ok but too sweet and the dryer sheet thing is not working for me. maybe some kind of white musk? i am not sure what's doing that but it adds a sharpness i do not like.

I was worried about amber—because, like… AMBER—but this is really well-grounded. Chewy lotus, a hint of rose when I really look for it, but otherwise a warm skin scent that manages to read as an all-weather mix. Beautifully blended. Might need a whole bottle.

First on, Triumphant Vulva smells like Sweet Tarts candy on my skin, sort of powdery, nondescript fruity, and leaning tart and sour.  As it settles in, a breezy floral rolls in and *almost* smells like lilac, but it isn't as sweet or honeyed as lilac.  Bpal's lotus often smells like pink bubblegum and a hint of sour water on my skin and I eventually start to smell that here as well.  From pretty much 20 minutes to 7 hours of wear, I get that watery pink bubblegum and a hint of sweet tarts candy.

Fresh from the mailbox this smelled like almond pastries.

On skin test, about a week later, it was cherry candy and something fecal/indolic floral and I wept lol

Edited by moggle

Warm, creamy lotus on a background of sweet almond. The feminine companion to Martial Arts - my nose is picking up the same gentle sweet almond in both. No tea rose.

Lots of sweet, creamy lotus and almond, with vanilla amber also in play. A pinkish rose is apparent, but not the star of the show---it softly blends into the lotus.

Veers a bit powdery with wear, but the creaminess tries to make up for it.

Sweet, creamy floral with pink and ivory tones.

On me Triumphant Vulva starts out with the sweet lotus and almond blossom. Someone above described the lotus as smelling like watery pink bubblegum and on me that is an accurate description.  Its a sweet, watery floral on me. I can also pick out the almond blossom in the initial phase. 

After it has settled I still get the lotus but it is mixed mixed with the cream and vanilla. I don't get much amber or rose - they are in the background for me. It is a lovely, creamy scent . The lotus and Vanilla give me summery vibes but it would also be perfect for everyday wear, any time of the year. I really like creamy, sweet scents so this is a win for me. 

Sweet ambery cream, warm and sorta snuggly yet very clean. The almond blossom is that clean vibe; it's not high pitched at all, more like a soothing white floral.

The tea rose combining with the lotus root (I really don't get bubblegum here at all, and normally don't with the root) gives it a depth and pink feeling. That adds to the fresh and clean vibe I'm getting. 

Dries down to a clean and creamy blend, with nuances of tea rose backed by lotus. Very spring like in feel.