Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Judge of Hell is Jealous of the Sexual Exploits of his Petitioners

Red ginger cream and red amber with black currant, tobacco, myrrh, and pink pepper. 

I'd say the stars are the red ginger cream, currant and tobacco. It's masculine to me! The amber, currant and myrrh add a sort of afterthought sweetness but it's rich and smokey. It's on the masculine incense side. I think this will compliment many! Those that enjoyed elephant is slow to mate might like this one too.

just arrived in the mail:

this is so much sweeter and creamier than i imagined!!!

the red ginger cream and currant are absolutely the stars of the show here. however - the "ginger" part of that is very muted, so no worries there on an overwhelming sharp ginger. the currant/ginger combo add this fruity backdrop to it that are subtle and pleasant. (subtle as in - if i were smelling this blind without seeing the listed notes, i might not think "fruity")

the tobacco, red amber and myrrh keep this blend sweet, sexy, and resinous beneath the creamy foreground.

overall - this smells sweet, creamy, with a smooth and sexy undertone of incense and smoke. 

it plays more like a soft creamy lotion than i expected - one that is delicious and sexy, perhaps *slightly* tropical even. 

i was actually hoping for less sweetness personally, but i really like this blend!

funnily, even though i was hoping it would be more masculine as mentioned in the comment above, it doesn't play masculine to me AT ALL - it feels more unisex but feminine-leaning. 

this was my most excited purchase of this years shungas, and it is pretty great! definitely happy with my purchase. it is unique and interesting.

i am looking forward to testing it more!! 

i will come back to edit this later after i've had it around for longer!

Edited by rivetted

Oh wow, this is a really nice myrrh scent on me, which is great because that is one of the things that made me blind buy it. I agree that this is creamy and has a sweetness to it; it's extremely sensual but not overwhelming. That said, it is incense-y, you can't ignore the myrrh, but it is woody and sexy and deep. As of now I am not getting much ginger or currant, but i know it is balancing out the amber and myrrh, I have just a hint of sweetness now that it is dry. I am seriously huffing my wrist - this is so calming yet interesting. I can't wait to see how this smooths out over time. 

I can see how this is masculine for the people who amp the deep scents, but if you can also get the amber and cream on you, this will be a very sexy spring scent. 

Added 2/5/24: nearly a year of aging has really changed the scent composition for me! This is now extremely black currant forward, with the myrrh and amber smoothing it out and adding some complexity to the fruity top note. I suspect the red ginger cream is at the heart of it, keeping it lively and holding everything together, but nothing is exactly creamy or ginger on me. 

This screams exotic springtime and I absolutely adore it. It is a very deep but feminine scent. 

Edited by brwnpaperhag

The tobacco, myrrh and slight spiciness meld together in a way that reminds me of syrupy opoponax and chewing tobacco.  Very sweet, almost maple syrupy or reminiscent of molasses.  It's very heavy and definitely leans towards being cloying on my skin.

Tobacco, myrrh, then pink pepper show up on my skin. Then the tart sweetness and a lil buzz of ginger. Overall, I’m liking this and it’s not like anything I’ve tried. This is a chewy tobacco blend I can see myself wearing a lot. 

What a name. 

In the bottle, I almost wondered if this was a cacao blend. That's how rich, sweet and chewy the tobacco is. When combined with the cream and the zing of the ginger, it goes into a bitter dark chocolate/Mexican chocolate territory for my nose. Fascinating. Well, let's skin-test.

This is surely a French tobacco, with how caramelized it plays on my skin. The maple syrup effect is at work. The cream is more of a perfumey (amber) cream than a dairy one. I think the ginger and pink pepper are sort of melding in my nose as zippy spice, but I don't love how that combines with perfumed cream and caramel tobacco. I was hoping it would be more sweet Thai tea like Vivid Enjoyment of the Moment of Rupture, but it's a completely different vibe, alas. Big floppy flop for me.

The Judge of Hell is for the French tobacco lovers! Get thee some judgement of your sexual exploits!

This one went through quite a shift while settling.

When it first arrived, it smelled mostly of red ginger cream, with some amber and tobacco.

Now, after some weeks, the ginger cream is gone. Vvvvt. Vanished.

It's all peppery (more black peppery to me than pink) tobacco and myrrh. Mostly, this is peppery tobacco from one end to the other.

Wet: Pink pepperrrrrrrrr!! Additionally spiced by ginger and with a hot underlying sweetness from the red amber and perhaps the currants.

Dry: The rich smoky tobacco and gingery cream are much more prominent, and the pink pepper has stepped back a whole hell of a lot, though it's still there. Through the hours of the dry phase this is a strong tobacco with ginger and pepper scent, subtly sweetened by sour currants and amber. It gets less pink/red over time as the topnotes fade and eventually the amber and cream were the final basenotes.

Definitely masculine-leaning from the domination of the dark strong tobacco, imho.

I'm not sure how I feel about the PEPPER blast at the front, but don't have anything else remotely like it, so I'm going to hang on to the decant.

Edited by deepquietvoice

In the bottle: Almost aquatic, vegetal, musky cologne. 

Wet on my skin: There's something in this that is very similar to the vegetal cologne notes in Pumpkin Chypre, a Halloweenie from a few years back. Unfortunately, that one never did work on me. This is better than that one so far, but it's still kind of oddly soapy on my skin, in a "handmade artisan soap" sort of way. 

Dry: I was hoping for more spice and smoke from this, and I might let it age for a few months and then come back to update this review, because I really wanted to like this more than I do so far. It's not bad, but it's also still got that odd, soapy feel to it. I remember now that currant is in this blend and is certainly the culprit there, as currant notes (and other berries) tend to push scents toward being like fruity-herbal Herbal Essences shampoo or body wash on my skin. Ginger can be either spicy or "clean" on me, and this seems to be a clean ginger note, which probably also contributes to the Herbal Essences feel to this. Overall, this is a fairly clean-green, smooth, chypre-like blend on me, and I must admit that I am a bit disappointed. Hopefully some aging will bring out the tobacco, myrrh, and pepper and dirty up that currant and clean ginger a bit.