Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I was very afraid of this one, aside from the white musk, all of the other notes are amazing, but white musk usually gives me a horrible headache. i love aquatics and shunga, so i had to try it, though. In the bottle, the smells cold and salty.

i would say this does come across a little detergenty on the skin - i don’t know if it’s the blue musk and flowers together, but it does give off the idea of night to me. it isn’t a super bold scent, though. 

as it dries it actually gets nicer, a little more complex and more blue- It’s very clean smelling, and i am happy i don’t get the shrill white musk i was worried about. i haven’t found many aquatics that smell like the ocean itself- this isn’t an ocean smell, but it’s a salty clean and i appreciate it. i do think it could be unisex, and i may ask my fiancé if he likes it as well.

Oh this is stunning! In the bottle I get a softly salty ocean air scent with the sweet pea mingling in gently. The words that keep coming to mind are soft and breezy. The sea spray notes are definitely at the forefront on my skin for the first half hour, salty but not intensely so. Aquatic and a bit mineraly, but the sweet pea really softens the scent and comes more in balance as it dries. 

A very shimmery, hazy blue musk, with hints of floral.  I can smell the sweet pea and the moonflower, and I do sort of like this, but... moonflower and white musk can both go soapy on me and that's what they're doing here.  This goes "fancy floral soap" or, yes, upscale laundry detergent. It's still pleasant and clean, but not something I need to hang onto.  However, if you were a fan of Moonflower & Orris, check this one out.  It is very pretty - just not for my chemistry.  

I have a friend who likes florals and seems to wear these things better than I do.  Might get her to try it and report back.  ;) 

This goes on as super salty sea spray and sweet pea. The salty sea spray is too salty on me for a really long time, but eventually the blue musk comes out to smooth over the edges and tame some of the salt. The moonflower is the strongest floral note by the time that happens, and I get more white musk than blue musk after several hours of wear, making this a salty, musky, floral-touched aquatic.

I was here for the sweet pea, but the sweet pea didn't remain as a dominant note on me, and the salt was too strong for me in the beginning, so this one is probably not for me.

Clean, spritzy sea mist, a little sweet pea, and blue musk to open.

Although I usually amp salt, I'm not getting a lot of it here. The sea spray suggests salt but leans more clean and ocean-aquatic on me in a way that threatens to go powdery.

In drydown, a little moonflower slinks in, and stays mild. The blend starts to soap and powder up, but still mostly reads as a clean aquatic.

In the end, this ventures further into soap territory on me than powder-land. It's not my style... but worth a look if interested in clean water blends.

Very pleasant, it's similar to aftershave with some salt. I will use my sample but not go for a bottle.

Very reminiscent of mainstream 80’s unisex cologne.  Fresh, clean, I wish I got the sweet pea, it may have sweetened this blend up for me.  I miss the ocean, but it really doesn’t smell like it to me.  I may put this in my non scented cleaners, I wouldn’t mind my house scented like this.

I was hoping for the sea spray and moonflower to be the dominant notes here, but unfortunately, the sweet pea stands out the most to me, both in the decant and during wear. There is a pretty, shimmering aquatic musk going on here, but the intensely floral sweet pea takes the blend into soapy territory. I'll keep testing my decant, but the floral notes are probably going to keep this out of my aquatic rotation.

Mint, salty cologne spray. This smells like fancy ocean water perfume. Medium throw, great wear length.

I bought this last year because it sounded amazing despite being pretty out of character for me. I loved it from first sniff. Wearing it today, I am enjoying the moonflower and sweet pea melding with the salty sea spray and blue musk. I get why folks smell 'laundry' but it, thankfully, doesn't come across that way for me. Lovely.