Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Plunging Into The Hellmouth

sadly this didn’t work on me. in the bottle it is beautiful- it reminds me of a view of cascading cherry blossoms. it is sweet, bordering on sweet tart, and based on bottle sniff, i would have backed it up. sadly, my skin doesn’t work with it - my fiancé said it smells like something is missing. i do this with a few scents - they smell hollow? on him, it smells like it does in the bottle ??? so it is definitely me.

if any BPAL does this on you, this may not work. vanillas and blackberry tend to do this on me 

At first, I get something somewhat grape-y when this is applied, and I think it is the plumeria or perhaps the plumeria combining with something else. That grape aspect goes away for the most part (I still get a tinge of it when sniffed up close), and then this scent becomes a plumeria party throughout wear. I can smell some rice paper and peony behind it (more rice paper at first and then more peony later in the day), and eventually, a little sweet pea, but it is so delicate and not nearly as strong as the bold plumeria. I wasn't able to pick out the pink pepper in this one, so this might still be worth a try to the pepper-averse.

I was here for the sweet pea, but the plumeria stole the show and isn't really a floral note that I particularly like, so this one is not for me. Definitely one for fans of plumeria.

A very tart and sour floral that reminds me of bathroom cleaner somehow.  I was guessing cherry blossom at first, but with more of a sharp white floral perfume and none of the creaminess of cherry blossom.  Has a tart, nondescript fruitiness, a slight powderiness, and a very clean, chemical-perfumey wash of sheer, sour, white floral.  Plumeria is one of my favorite scents in real life (so sweet and tropical), and I can smell a hint of plumeria here for a while, but it also has a lot of that perfumey, musky, high pitched white floral screechiness to let you know that this is perfume and not an actual flower.  I can't get over the sharpness or soured quality on my skin.

Juicy, grape-like plumeria, freshly applied. The plumeria I've smelled in person didn't smell like grape, and the grapey quality fades before long, though the plumeria blooms on. I'm s'posing there's an unlisted grapey note.

The plumeria gets potent in drydown, but this blend also reads to me as intensely musk-powered. Hellmouth goes straight to both heady and heavy, and as I keep sniffing it to look for other notes, I can feel a headache trying to form between my eyes.

To this one, I say: Nah.

In bottle and on initial application it's a nice floral. As it dried on me it remained floral but went a bit towards a creamy soap vibe. Not for me.

This starts off with pretty sweet pea and plumeria notes. The peonies are in the background. There's a bunch of them. The the peonies come forward and the three flowers meld to create a FLOWER FLOWER FLORAL scent. It would be amazing if the pink peppercorn stepped up this point and tempered the flowers, or even if there were a white pepper note to add a little zing. Sadly, the peppercorn is MIA. The rice flower is the oddling in this group. It appears later and adds a flat, doughy note that brings the scent down. Poor rice flower doesn't wear pink on Wednesday.  

Bright, sweet floral, really cheery at first.  Definitely sweet pea is dominant at this point.  It fades to a slightly sour, white floral.  I wish it stayed like the early stages, it is sour and rather metallic now.  

This gave me a VIVID flashback to Bath and Body Works' sweet pea scent 😂 Specifically, their hand sanitizer, which I used all the time. Unfortunately that's a little too much for me, so this one's going into the destash pile.

Sweet pea and pink pepper. This smells like slightly musky florals with a touch of pepper. Medium throw and wear length.