Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Strawberries, blueberries, heavy cream, honey dust, lotus root, ylang ylang, lavender, and vanilla flower. 

Well, it's a mixed honor being the first to review this here! Unfortunately for me, I'm not convinced that this scent works for me but here're my impressions.

In the bottle: I can definitely smell the berries straight away, sweetened a bit by the honey and cream and giving off a bit of a jammy vibe. I can't really pick up any of the floral notes, but there may be a bit of the sweetness also coming from the lotus root at this point.

Wet: Ah, there are the florals! I can't really pick out the lavender, but I do get a burst of heady ylang ylang along with the berries. I think the floral combination in this is a bit disconcerting for my nose -- it almost reads like a musk note at this stage, but the florals burn off fairly quickly for me as this dries. This is the loveliest stage on me, and I wish I got more of the florals + berries because the combination is intriguing. 

Drydown: After the florals calm down, sadly the honey dust combined with what's left of the other notes manage to go slightly plasticky on me? I don't generally have a plastic note issue, but something with this blend just goes sideways with my chemistry. 

I think I'll probably let this one go instead of aging it. I imagine aging will smooth this scent out nicely, but I don't think it's for me.

These are some delicious acrobatics!

Wet, it is yummy jammy berries (nice balance of strawberry and blueberry imo), and then my skin grabs the honey dust and lavender, with lotus contributing to a fun candy vibe. The florals overall are present but subtle, and the cream adds a rich base to balance the sugary sweetness. Medium to low throw, and ultimately the honey seems to sing out loudest, but I would reapply :) 

Edited by LavenderCoffee

The honey dust also runs away with this one on me. It's very well-blended, so the other notes swirl into this sweet, fruity candy blend that is fun and does remind me of a circus snack stand. The strawberry and lotus root stand out the most to me, lots of bubble gum and juicy red fruit behind the honey dust. I do get a bit of the blueberry in the decant and in the wet stage. It reminds me of the sticky sweet blueberry in Shore of the Lollipop Sea instead of a fresh blueberry. Despite the floral notes, this doesn't really read as a flormand to me. The lavender is the sweet, fluffy variety so it's a nice purple in the offering of candies.

Honey dust, strawberries, blueberries, and lavender are the first notes I get from this, followed by some soft lotus root. Then the honey dust quickly starts declaring dominion over the other notes, which it is wont to do on me. The honey dust is thick and toffee-like like Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids and is the same honey note from Boop and Harlow's Lace. It remains the dominant note throughout wear, backed by the little bit of blueberry, strawberry, and lotus that can get through. It ends up smelling soft and candy-like after several hours.

I wanted to love this one, because of the artwork and it sounding like a lovely flormand, and I would have ended up loving it, too, if it weren't for that pesky honey dust! :P

Edited by doomsday_disco

The strawberry is strong and reminds me a bit of a sufganiyot- but with florals, lavender and a bit of cream. I really like how the strawberry note and lotus blend together. Strong throw!

Wow! The strawberry and lavender are beautifully strong! Within 5 minutes I can smell ylang ylang and just a hint of blueberry. I think there's vanilla flower that's helping remind me of Strawberry Moon '09 though, of course, this is very different. I'm smelling a hint of cream and lotus root but the strawberry is still the star 10 minutes in. I'm very curious to see how this develops - right now I am seriously contemplating a bottle.

The strawberry calms down and I feel like the vanilla flower (which reminds me of a Henri Bendel perfume from years gone by) is melding beautifully with the ylang and honey dust. This is stunning and comforting and I love it.

Edited by HerbGirl

Liking or loving all listed notes, I thought this would be an easy win for me. In this case, that didn't work out...

Phallus is, for me, a snoot-full of conflict and overwhelm. The heavy berries seem to fight with the lavender and ylang ylang as they swim and slowly dissolve in vanilla milk, like an angry breakfast cereal. It all feels like a surprising and strange clash and struggle.

Some weeks of settling haven't soothed this blend as I hoped they would. This one isn't for me.

Wet on my skin, I can smell every note and this is glorious and lord I want it all.

But then it starts to dry, and it’s only dusty vanilla. It broke my heart.

This smells like delicious berry yogurt, but the ylang ylang and lavender manage to keep it from being strait up food and give it some class. Very creamy though, with threads of honeyed sweetness coming through. I don't get obvious vanilla. I wish this was a body butter; I would slather it on shamelessly. 

It reminds me a little of The Small Harem with creamy blueberry added. Tasty. :yum:

Phallus Acrobatics is a beautiful cloud of strawberry/blueberry sweetness, with equal support from the cream and honey dust, like the most perfect arrangement of berries and whip cream on a stack of pancakes (just no pancakes).  I feel like the fruity-floral aspect of this scent is sort of clobbering the cream a bit. But at the same time, the pull between the sweet/sharp fruityflorals and the smooth cream almost makes this scent into a fairy-tale bouncy house, lol! Every bounce brings you something else, its delightful and a little odd. You never know where you're going to land. I don't need a bottle, but I've very glad I got to try this one.

Tart strawberries, not getting any cream here or honey.  I’m getting the dreaded dust note that pops up for me, and I know the labs strawberry can be the culprit, or maybe it’s the honey dust.  At any rate, it’s not working for me.

Sweet ripe strawberries and blueberries, with TONS of honey and cream. This is made even fruitier by the Kool-Aid-like lotus root. I’m not getting any lavender, maybe the slightest hint of ylang-ylang spice.  It’s just VERY sweet. I don’t know, is it too much? More research is needed.