Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Penis Bound With Gold Ribbon

Freshly applied, this is a soft lemon cream. As it dries, the amber and musk become more prominent. It’s a gorgeous blend; simple, not overpowering, just left me continually thinking “damn I smell good!”

This is SO pretty. My experience is just like the previous review: it starts out a bright lemon cream, and then the amber and musk start glowing underneath it all. It smells like it could be a bar of soap from Lush. Not too loud, not too powdery.

ooof, yep - exactly what i imagined. like a delicate lemon cake.

excited to try this one out more and see how it goes - will update as i have tried it more.

I wanted to love this... but I just "like" it.  I think I assumed it would be sweeter, with some grounding vanilla vibe from the amber.  But there is something about this one that doesn't quite do it for me.  The lemon here seems almost bitter, like lemon rind, and there is almost an aquatic note to this as well.  It does have pretty good longevity, though.  

We'll see how it ages... 

i second the above comments about the amber and musk appearing after the drydown. i find it plenty sweet and girly. one thing i wasn’t expecting is how “dairy” the cream is in the bottle. upon hitting the skin it instantly begins to calms down. i was afraid to put this on at first because of how sour that cream was. this note must be the same one from Cerberus’ish - and with that one the sourness faded after a bit of time to settle. hopefully that will be the case here as well. 

On me, this is almost entirely sweet sweet amber, with a bit of sweet sweet lemon and a hint of musk. I like a lot of gourmand scents and a lot of BPAL ambers, but I think this one is just tooooo sweet for me!

The lemon cream scent in the decant makes me think of the lemon cream inside lemon cream cookies. Hype!

On me, the lemon cream is there but it is very quickly taken out of cookie filling territory by the amber and musk. At first, this made me sad, as the lemon combined with the high-pitched quality of the sweet amber (the one from scents like Alleviate the Frenzy, My Wise Beauty, and Sweet Amber and Cherry Liqueur Hair Gloss) to create a furniture polish vibe on me. But then it veered out of that territory, and as the amber and golden musk increase in strength, I am strongly reminded of my beloved House of Mirrors Atmo from Denver Comic Con 2015. :eek: During that phase of the scent, I was seriously debating a bottle, but then the sweet amber becomes so strong and high-pitched on me that it really stomps on the musk and lemon cream, only leaving traces of them in the background.

I will come back to this one and retest it before it goes away. I think the lemon cream in this is wonderful, and I adore the House of Mirrors atmo phase, but the perfume-y amber that this becomes after a day of wear ends up being too much for me.

Lovely, sweet amber and a *not* sweet lemon. Not getting tons of cream- it's reading more like lemon rind. Great amber scent though for amber lovers!

Edited by wolf_truffles

Musky, sweet, and lemony in a lovely way.  Something about the tang of lemon with the creaminess smells almost like buttermilk.  Didn't realize it till a friend, who didn't care for this, pointed it out, but now I'm like - oooh yeeeah!  To me, it's reminiscent of lemon, buttermilk pancakes, without actually being foodie, and I am ALL about that.  This was a surprise hit for me; I haven't smelled anything else quite like it, and I'm considering a bottle. My one lament is the lemon fades pretty quickly, leaving me with a pleasant, but less unique and lemo-luscious skin scent.  

right out of the mail the lemon (more rind than juice) was so strong and bitter i was aghast i’d considered buying a full bottle. the first time i tried it on it made me think of cleaning products but i tried it on again after work and i guess it needed more rest because this time on my skin...

wet i get that lemon rind again for a few seconds and then it melts into a lemon cream. it’s almost gourmand but not.

dry even more of cream comes through. oh man i like this. i'm back and forth on if i like citrus or not and it seems that i (surprising to no one) do in fact like foody citrus. i can’t quite pick out the amber or golden musk but there is something under the lemon cream that rounds out the scent and takes away some sharpness. it’s at this point that i'm once again considering getting a full bottle. another person said it reminded them of a Lush soap and to me it’s spot on for the lemony flutter cuticle butter.

after about an hour what i think is the amber (deeper sweetness than the lemon cream) starts coming through as well as a “your skin but better” scent which must be the golden musk. i’ve been really into musks lately even though i'm usually i'm a spice and gourmand fan. it’s not quite a "me" scent and i was actually between this and Penis Penetrating a Vagina in a Pickle Barrel which is, to my nose, much more foody/edible and bright. i thought these would be too similar to own one of each but this one is much softer and sweeter and i could see them layering amazingly. of the decants i got this (and imose-yama) was my partner’s favorite so a big bottle may be necessary.

In the Decant: Woah, lemon!

Wet: Bright, happy lemon and a bit of amber.

Dry: It's a lemony amber for about 15 minutes and then it fades to absolutely nothing.

this starts with a creamy lemon, reminiscent of a lemon cake i recently had with creme fraiche frosting. so good. a minute or so later i get a hint of the amber, warming things up more. then unfortunately i get something sour and not lemony-sour but more like when i have perfumes that have a sour floral note, that smells like dying flowers. very weird and i am not sure what could be doing that here unless the cream decided to go wonky on me. sometimes gourmand/milk/cream notes do and sometimes they don't. before that i really liked this one-it was simple and joyful. i will have to give it another try later.

Edited by theseagrows

This one opens with a cheery and sugary lemon cream. It actually reminds me of lemon frosting on cookies --- the sort where the frosting is of firmer stuff than cake frosting.

A more golden quality comes out on my skin as it dries, a blend of the amber and musk. But mostly, this stays a sweet lemon cream throughout its life on me.

What a cute lemon scent. Like a fuzzy baby bunny bringing you lemon cookies. Not really penis-y at all.

golden musk, golden lemon.  gold upon gold.  bright and tart, a little pithy, sweetly musky. very creamy, but not a dairy cream.  divine. unfortunately the amber and musk combine in such a way that takes this in a very perfumey direction,  a little out of my comfort zone.  it mostly passes, eventually, but it takes a good while. 

i'll revisit this one before the lupers come down, to see if it has settled in a bit, because that golden, creamy, musky lemon part is intoxicating.  i never imagined lemon could smell so freaking sexy.  and something in here is anchoring the lemon to my skin like it almost never does. it's like the musk became lemon musk.

Edited by MamaMoth

I agree with @tinyvulture this is so cute! Just a really cheerful lemon scent. It's really creamy and musky on application with the lemon just glittering in the background. But as it dries the lemon comes more forward on my skin. It's sweetened lightly and hangs right in the balance between dessert-y and perfume-y with the cream and amber, which I love. This has pretty good staying power on me for a citrus as well!

Ah darn, I loved this one wet, a creamy lemon with light musk.  As it dried, the amber pretty much took over, with just a touch of lemon.  Which is fine, but I have lots of amber blends, and this one isn’t different enough to warrant a full size bottle.

I got this with fingers crossed, because I love sweet lemon and lemon-cake type scents, so I was really hoping for that - and, lo and behold, that's what it is on me! It really is a sweet lemon cream - all the lemon frosting or creme filling reviews are spot on. As it dries, it gets a little warmer + more golden, which I think is the amber. It's lovely and strong for quite a while - good staying power. I'm definitely happy I got this one!

Wet: Lemony and musky FO SHO.

Drydown: A great big pillow of sugared amber with a great big pile of lemons on top. There's a silky creaminess at play too, but it's definitely a side character, not the star. Most oils have very little throw on me, but this one's got a bit of oomph to it. The notes begin to play musical chairs towards the end of the drydown, as they figure out where they want to land.

Dry: Cake! Like a really moist, buttery yellow cake with lemon pudding between its layers. Plus musk. Lemon-pudding-cake musk. It's warm, glowy, soft, sweet, creamy, and just the tiniest bit tart.

8 out of 10 bones

The lemon is sweet and creamy, kind of like lemon curd. The amber makes this into more of a lemon candy perfume on me. It's adding a resinous dimension that makes me think of lemon drops.

Straightforward but nice!

Light, lemony musk. The cream is mild, and stays light and sweet. On me, the amber isn't a definable note, though it seems to be keeping everything warm and grounded. 

The wet & fresh stage is so lovey, and the drydown is a barely-there lemon musk. I've got about an hour before I'd need to reapply. 

This might just be pretty enough to snag a bottle so I can douse myself every hour on the hour.