Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tea roses and rose absolute, amber, fleur de lait, white sandalwood, peonies, and broom absolute. 

I really like this one! I thought it would be a pretty spring floral, and it is, but it has much more personality than that description would suggest. There's a raunchy note in the beginning that reminds me of goat's milk, bringing creaminess (think rose milk) and a surprising bit of animal sexuality. There's some sourness, but not in a lemony way. The soft floral prettiness is right there too, along with a deeper warm sweetness that develops to a subtle caramel nuance. It stays close to the skin, and lasts about ten hours on me.

Creamy peony and rose with something dark underneath. That's exactly what I had hoped for. I am sure it will show its complexities over the next year and I look forward to it but I would be happy if it stayed the way it is right now. Love it. 

Half an hour in, that broom note shows up - it must be - it adds a brushy complexity that's really neat. I think it is meshing nicely with the amber...

Good stuff!

Edited 26 Dec 22 - this has become a favorite. Beautiful, complex creamy rose-peony with a touch of amber. Gorgeous and very welcome after a rose monstrosity I had to scrub off!

Edited by HerbGirl

Rose and peony are two of my favorite notes so this is one I had to try.

On first application it is a burst of fresh floral but there is something else in this scent that I can't see listed in the notes it's almost like a hint of strawberry. There is also another floral I'm not familiar with, which I'm guessing is Broom. I'm assuming the Broom that they are referring to is the herb which has a sweet scent. I can definitely smell it as something I've not smelled in a bpal scent before and it adds something quite fun and bright into the scent which I wasn't really expecting. 

I only get subtle hints of the sandalwood and amber and I don't find this scent powdery at all. I definitely find it a lush, fresh floral. The effect is very summery. In the final dry down, the tea rose and rose absolute really shine. 

Edited by becca_s

Fleur de lait, right out of the gate! My skin really grabs onto this lightly funky dairy note. It settles down after initial application, hanging out in the background throughout wear. I like how it adds depth and complexity to the rose and peony. Ultimately not my kind of floral scent, but it's a lovely composition.

This one is so neat! It starts off as a jammy red and pink rose, reminding me somewhat of Love from The Pickman Gallery: A Tremulous Song collection back in 2013. The rose is backed by the peony and just a bit of amber and sandalwood, and there's some sweetness that is either from the fleur de lait or the broom absolute. Over time, the fleur de lait gains strength and makes me smell like a cream cheese danish topped with caramelized sugar, and I am here for it! It's like having a tea party in a garden where the cream cheese danish manages to be stronger than the rose, peony, and incense wafting about.

I could see the fleur de lait being a too funky on some people -- sometimes, I think it may be a little too cheesy, but most times, I enjoy my cream cheese danish fate.

Imose-Yama wasn't initially on my radar, but I'm glad that reviews convinced me to get a leftover decant, because this one is a win! :wub2: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

White sandalwood has ruined more bpal blends for me than any other note.  I just cannot stand its baby powdery dryness and it almost always amps up on my skin.  I would love this and get a full bottle if it didn't have the white sandalwood.  The super sweet rose and creaminess are gorgeous.  It's a sugared, sweet, red rose that reminds me of LUSH's Rose Jam, but Imose-Yama is minus the lemony fresh part of LUSH's Rose Jam and is all sugared rose goo instead, which I prefer.  For the first hour on my skin, it's wonderful sugared rose jam and a hint of cream, and then all of a sudden the baby powdery white sandalwood comes in and makes everything dry and chalky feeling, and then the scent fades quickly after that.

Roses!  And they’re sweet, which is a good thing.  I’m not getting much else, but that’s ok, maybe the other notes will pop out.  Looking back in the description, I see a “fleur de lait”, which I’m not to sure if it’s an actual flower or just a perfume bouquet .  It really does remind me of a Milk Rose bath my mom bought back in the eighties when we were kids.  It’s a nice reminder of her💕💕

Lovely tea roses, peonies, and what I think must be the broom flower. The amber and sandalwood are surprisingly light in this. But then there's the fleur de lait. I'd say the comparisons to goat's milk and cream cheese danishes are spot on. It does calm down, but it's still there, turning my stomach. I love the pink rosey floral otherwise and tried really hard to deal with/wait out the cheese, but unfortunately I just can't do it. If you don't mind dairy/cheese smells and love tea roses though, I'd recommend this.

In the imp this is a beautiful rose and cream with a gorgeous fruity-floral as well. I think the peony and broom. It stays pretty true on my skin. There's something almost juicy about it and then the gorgeous rich cream underneath. I can see the comparisons to Rose Jam but I like this so much better, as I find Rose Jam a sickly sort of sweet. This has more of a lightness and complexity to it.  Makes me think of a gown with layers of pink and peach tulle over cream satin. 

The fleur de lait and florals absolutely came for my neck in this scent and I did not survive, lol. This one turned into rose bath cubes soaked in weirdly cheese-y ice wine (specifically ice wine from Ontario, for those of you who might have had such an experience, lol). I almost scrubbed this one off, it was such an overwhelming rose and cheese/wine experience. URGH. I am still searching for my perfect rose blend, but I was so hopeful it was going to be this one. C'est la vie, I guess!

Not a huge fan of this one, unfortunately. There's something a bit strange going on that I almost wanted to say was kind of indolic but I'm wondering now if it's the fleur de lait not behaving well for me. It's pretty syrupy-perfumy sweet to my nose, too, which isn't something I'm usually a fan of. 

This was a gift from a lovely forumite, and when it hit my skin I thought for sure there must be a goats milk component. It had that kind of barnyard twang along with the sweet florals. Cream notes have been disastrous on me lately.  It settles down into something wearable (I actually enjoy the goats milk note) although more floral than my usual jam. Lots of pink roses and pink peonies, and not much in the way of identifiable amber or sandalwood. So creamy pink florals and goats milk. 

I tried to convince myself not to buy a full bottle for several months after receiving a sniffie because it smells so similar to another perfume I already own a oil dupe of and never wear. But after getting an imp to try and tide myself over I decided to just get a full bottle anyway, whoops. While the other perfume has a sharpness to it that is almost headache inducing the tang from this that comes from fleur de lait is so much creamier. I love rose and so does my body, I can't tell if I amp them or eat them but I know that I tend to gravitate to rose blends in all aspects of my skin and body care and this is definitely ROSE. I think I might also like peonies but I can't really pick them out over the rose. The rest of the notes mostly get eaten up except for at the end of the day where I smell like goat's milk (leftover fleur de lait i assume) and amber (yum also i would totally buy that duet if it ever existed).  Roses and milk... apparently that's what I want to smell like now... and somehow it's working.

Also as a former Lush employee I think the comparisons to Rose Jam are accurate.

Powdery sandalwood, rose and peony notes. This smells like a great bath powder. Medium throw and wear length.