Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Coconut milk and white tea with white tobacco leaf, clary sage, and apricot cream. 

this is beautiful- it is up there for me. in the bottle it’s peachy apricot- more realistic to me

than peach v from last year. on my skin, creamy fruit - i don’t love coconut, but it just seems to add to the fruit and bolster the cream while keeping it light - it is almost tropical. i think the tea also contributes to this. as for the sage- beautiful - i can pick it out more as it dries. i don’t have anything else like this that has worked on me, so this will be in heavy rotation for spring.

it’s really well blended- i am so happy with this one!

In the bottle: I can definitely pick out apricot cream, clary sage, and white tea. The combination is a little jarring, but mostly because I don't have a good mental scheme of these notes together.

On my skin:

Wet, it's sharp, crisp white tea first, followed by clary sage and then coconut milk. As it dries, the scent's throw stays mostly about the clary sage for me, though I can detect the apricot cream rounding it out -- and the coconut milk close to my skin. Given more time to develop, the apricot cream comes out a lot more, to the extent where I can say it's the blend's main note on me -- but not to the extent that the supporting clary sage disappears. The coconut milk, however, does seem to fade from detection, but that's not a bit unusual on my skin.

This ends up being a very skin-close scent, which I prefer for this blend, I think, because the apricot cream could be cloying in a scent with lots of throw. But it's fruity and creamy and cut through with some nice herbal greenery. It's bright and cheerful and... maybe not quite as delicate as some of the peony and cherry blossom Shungas that I've tried, but much closer to that vibe than, say, boozy musk and leather.

This is a very delicate, creamy apricot scent. Like clean skin but better. As it dries down, it becomes more herbal from the sage.  It's not super sweet, and I think a lot of peach lovers should check this out.  It's similar, but different enough to be worth a sniff.  It's a little tame for my tastes, but it does stay present for a while.  I wore it to bed and it was very nice and comforting.  

I like this a lot, as much as I had hoped but more than I expected to! The white tea and white tobacco are high in the blend, herbal leafy indulgences that are both sharp and comforting. I am loving the crispness of the clary sage that contributes that same duality; it is a zingy herb, but it helps the senses chill and zone out. The apricot cream is there too, especially in the first few wet minutes, but it's a lightly fruity glaze, not a heavy cream, and the apricot doesn't hang around very long.

Coconut of most kinds does not play well with my skin, and that was the note I was most nervous about here. I can barely smell it! There's a cool silky undertone to Holding Hands that, if I think hard enough about it, is a little tropical, but it so does not punch me in the nose with coconut! I wouldn't let coconut milk hold you back from trying this one.

Overall, this is a really joyful, slightly fruity, quite exuberant tea-and-tobacco-and-clary sage scent. Great for those who want to enjoy some of the more complex notes from fall and winter while also embracing the lightness and freshness of springtime. I would like more than a decant of this!

This perfume surprised me because I expected something totally different from the listed notes. I expected a creamy, rich perfume with an interesting interplay between the sage and the apricot. What I got was a very clean, soapy perfume. Together, the white tea, tobacco, and sage are herbaceous, but they give more of an effect of a fancy shampoo than a green perfume. The apricot cream is a fluffy cloud of fruit, definitely more apricot than cream. I don't really smell any coconut in this blend.

It's delicate and well-blended. I don't mind that this is soapy because it smells very fancy and complex. This will be nice for spring and summer because it is light and crisp.

At first, this is all about the apricot. Then the white tea and clary sage emerge, and some tobacco joins in after a while. It stays like this for a long time, until the coconut milk shows up several hours later. It is not super coconut-y (unlike the coconut cream in White Chocolate, Pink Carnation, Coconut Cream, and Clove!) or tropical on me. The apricot remains the dominant note throughout wear, but it's not as strong as it was during the first few hours, and the supporting notes are stronger than before. The white tea in this is pretty tame and not the powerhouse it can be in some other scents, but I think it's probably preventing this from reading as creamier with its cream and coconut milk notes.

I think this is nice, but I don't think I need more of it when its so apricot-centric on me, and I already have Aristocratic Couple and March Hare for my apricot fix. I'll probably retest it before it goes away just to be sure, though!

Holding Hands is a pretty and spring-like swirl of apricot cream, coconuts, and white tea.

After this dries, I catch a dry, herbal whiff of clary sage. I have a clary sage EO that is so very intense... It's amazing how soft it is here. By this time, though, the whole scent is so skin-soft I barely find it.

With its apricot cream and coconut milk, and delicate spring nature, this one reminds me most of The Secret Meaning Behind Flowers from the same release. Secret had a bit more carnality, with its fig, and it also lasted longer on my skin. Both blends are delicate... between the two, I think the tea and sage bring out more delicacy in Holding Hands.

I’m getting mostly tea at first, then dries to a soft floral,  huh?  I don’t get the apricot at all.

Holding Hands is all about the apricot cream on me.  I love apricot -- Depraved and Grand Guignol are GC favorites. This is much more delicate than either of those, with the clary sage and white tea keeping it from going too sweet.  I am not getting much in the way of coconut and no tobacco at all, and it was really the creamy apricot and tobacco combo I was eager for.  But it's a lovely soft springtime blend even if it's not exactly what I expected.  No throw (pretty normal with my chemistry) and average wear length.