Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

An Assortment of Spring Pleasures

I am so confused by this. All I can smell is...flowers. Like an assortment of spring flowers. Peony, tulip, etc. Some of the nice cozy wood from Old-Fashioned Satanists, there's that cashmere. But omg, this is so bizarre? Where's the white tea? She's not a shy note! She is really hiding in the flower patch. The honey must be what's reading so floral to me, because instead of smelling like actual honey, this smells like the pollen of the flowers the bees have been collecting their honey from. It's quite pretty. But those picking up An Assortment based on the notes would not be expecting florals, and they are HERE.

Where's the cocoa? Another non-shy note that has little to no presence in the blend. I can't pick up a whiff of tonka bean or anything like cocoa. The only listed note that is truly making an appearance is the cashmere wood, and in the context of spring flowers, it's leaning rather soapy.

I will smell this again in a few weeks, and see if aging brings less confusion.

This is all white tea in the decant and goes on as white tea with a bit of honey on me. Then I think I may be picking up on some unlisted peony, because there's the tea and a floral quality to this that's reminiscent of The Dormouse. It stays that way throughout wear: floral-touched white tea with a dab of honey and perhaps some soft cashmere. I was not able to detect any tonka or cacao.

I'm curious to read other reviews about this one to see if others are able to detect more of the notes on their skin.

I don't need more of this as I prefer The Dormouse. But if you're sad that The Dormouse is out of stock, you should give this a whirl.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Completely agree with other viewers on what a puzzle this one is! I am loving it ^_^ and it's a wonderful springtime scent I have been stuck on since the first test. But like the others, I keep going back to the webpage asking, "Now what was in this again??"

First sniff, I was certain it had fruits! Peach or sweet orange... something a little juicy, very floral, and sweet-tart. Then the flowers came, and I worried for a minute that this was not for me. I love certain florals - wet, heady, damp, slightly spoiled or a little green - and I cannot with others - pretty, dried, delicate. This was coming in like precious white flowers for a minute and a dry, dull, lemony wood. But it subsided just about as soon as it came, and the fruity floral smell is back! And now I just keep wearing it! Wonderful today paired with the Pink Peach Blossoms and White Plum Flowers Hair Gloss.

... but then I look at the notes and -- huh?? No fruits? No flowers?? I think the honey and white tea are singing a whole new song in unison, and it's delightful. Must've been the cashmere wood peeking through through briefly. But I would almost put this in a camp with Defututa, Fae, or Aglaea, which are 3 of my favorite GCs! Floral honey and fruity tea. Love. 

It's beautiful and it didn't smell like I was expecting it to smell. For me it is firmly in the (beloved) camp of original Hungry Ghost Moon, FFSZ1, Tamamo-no-Mae. I suppose I expected the cocoa and cashmere wood to ground it,  round it out a bit more. 

White tea can be pretty sharp, but on my skin, all of the other notes are smoothing it out. It's very pretty and soft. I never would have thought white tea and cocoa could work together, but I'm getting a hint of the honeyed cocoa combo that's been popping up in other collections.

This is also a soft floral on me. I think I can smell the white tea, a floral note of some kind, and the cashmere wood. The honey might be adding a sweetness to the whole perfume, but I can't really pick it out?

This one isn't for me, but I think someone who likes florals would probably really enjoy it. Seems like it would be a nice spring scent.

Freshly applied, this one brings a lot of white tea on my skin, alongside cocoa and cashmere. It's at once very pretty and a little bit jarring, as it feels as though the white tea has such a different character than the rest, and tries madly to pull away from the crowd.

And... it succeeds? The cocoa and cashmere drop out and vanish, and quickly. Left to itself, the tea note thins and diffuses, becoming quite soft and almost hollow. At this point, I also get a floral hint. Peony-ish? Soft, pink. The scent thins out until it's scarcely there.

I don't think this one is playing as intended on me.

I enjoy this a lot. It's a really nice lightly honeyed tea scent, though I also smell peony rather than cocoa. I just got an imp of Dormouse and agree that it's similar to that, though this is more "fresh/clean" than herbal. 

Strong, soapy, white spring florals and a bit of sweet honey.  A little powdery wood in the drydown.  White tea is usually strong on me, but I can't pick it out here, instead getting an unlisted, odd, overwhelming, soapy floral something.  No tonka or cocoa either.  I smell like dryer sheets.