Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cucumber, melon, lettuce leaf, cardamom, green musk, green spring onion, black pepper, and sesame seed. 

A Meal Interrupted is the Lab's more sophisticated take on a cucumber melon scent. The cucumber and melon are up front, backed by some watery lettuce and black pepper. There is the barest bit of green onion in the background, that along with the pepper, adds a slight kick to the scent. But you're not going to end up smelling like Shrek if you slather this on. :P I am getting zero cardamom and sesame seed from this. The green musk peeks out after a few hours of wear but is very tame here, just adding that touch of sophistication and ensuring it doesn't go full-on salad. The green musk is not as strong as it is in scents like 51, Pollution, The Laughter of Loki, and Venus Murcia. 

I feel bad for everyone who will miss out on this due to fear of it being too savory. This is a really nice, refreshing, green scent that will be great to wear in the warmer months. I recommend it to anyone who wants a cucumber melon scent but doesn't want to feel like they got transported back into the 90s by wearing one. I do not think my decant will be enough!

I didn't get put off by the description, I was not scared it would turn out too savory - and I am happy I took that shot.

This is a great cucumber-melon scent that is fresh, tart and a bit cologne-y.

There is no onion note I detect, but I think the spring onion and pepper add a little spice that make this more interesting.

I'd describe it as zesty though, not as hot (chili) or sharp (wasabi).

It's a pleasant light spring scent that is not featuring lemon or aloe. There is a bit of violet in the watery lettuce note, however, that I'm not sure how to feel about (as violet and I normally don't quite agree with each other).

I don't get any cardamom or sesame either - could they be grounding elements that blend in with the rest so well?

If this scent had a color, it would be emerald or ocean green. It's fresh but has a watery element that makes it border on an aquatic scent for me.

I think a decant would have been enough for me, so not sure if I will hold on to my bottle. For now this is a welcome and utterly different addition to my collection though.

Cucumber, melon, and lettuce leaf shine and sparkle on top, and they are grounded by this absolutely gorgeous earthy green musk that almost reads as a garden basil/light patchouli. I was so curious how the onion and sesame would play out here; it's an umami-adjacent richness that reads as neither sesame nor onion but does give it a pop of something different that I am here for. I agree with doomsday_disco that this is a very sophisticated, artisan grown-up cucumber melon. I adore it and want to wear it through spring and summer. Throw is surprisingly punchy for such delicate notes. I agree there's a watery vibe to it (like fresh spring water, not like shower gel). There's almost something floral to it too, like just the palest white spring rose or tulip that wafts gently in the spring air when there's still the crispness of winter hanging on the breeze. Lovely.

In the Decant: Realistic cucumbers!

Wet: Fresh cucumber on a green, slightly sweet perfumey foundation.

Dry: The freshness of the cucumber fades into the background and out comes the lettuce. This smells like cucumbers on a salad without smelling literally like a salad. I don't get any obvious onion smells, nor do I smell any of the other spices. There's a sweetness to it that is probably the melon. I'm wondering if time will bring out the sesame without compromising the cucumber.

This is a very beautiful, salad-like perfume and as a rabbit-style vegetarian, I approve. I've never smelled anything like it. The freshness fades to a greenish musky perfume that feels very upscale. This perfume doesn't last very long on my skin, maybe about four hours. But it s so nice while it lasts that I'm planning on upgrading this to a bottle.

UPDATE: I was right to think that a little age would give this more staying power. Nine hours later and I can still smell it. Lovely!

Edited by Tamarinda
Update

A delightful, fresh, springtime deli scent.

Newly applied, A Meal Interrupted brings on the fresh cuke with dewy, cool lettuce, soft black pepper, and a short-lived little burst of green musk. Hunting around, I find breathy touches of green onion and melon, but no sesame or cardamom.

This is a scent of fresh, dewy, edible greens. The green musk in the opening is like the green from the lovely Emerald Lace, but it only lives a handful of seconds on my skin. When it's gone, it leaves all the paler green things that you can eat, and a pinch of dark pepper spice.

As this dries, I realize I can find the sesame seeds in this, and in the oddest way... they just keep appearing in the foodie head-picture this scent gives me. I needed to notice them in that visual to sniff again and find them in the blend. Cool!

I much like and appreciate this one.

A delicate fresh and glittering green! The lettuce is crisp yet delicate and the cucumber and melon make this so dewy and fresh. I get just a hint of a bite I think maybe from onion and pepper but it just gives some nuance to the green freshness (reminds me a bit of the effect of the wasabi note in Frog Moon). 

Fresh cucumber, very ‘green ‘ blend, as mentioned above.  It kind of reminds me of a melon liqueur, or a fresh youthful, classy blend.  This is not your clubbing blend, but rather drinks at The Empress.

Green fresh cucumber, with notes of pepper and cardamom. So imagine a great cucumber salad but make it into a perfume. Medium throw, low wear length.