Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

At first, this is all the beautiful blueberry musk of my long lost love, Jinbari Nyûdô Bobo Dokisu, and I am thrilled.

She is veiled, clandestine behind a gentle coconut, but I'd know her anywhere. My nostrils stir with longing. The neroli and gardenia peak demurely from the background, biding their time, waiting till the moment's right.

Then BLAM!  Florals take the stage, shoving the delicate, blue debutante back into the scenery, where, alas, she stays, only whispering of what might have been. A melancholy tear rolls down my cheek, and I continue to sniff. What more can one do?

A breezy white floral, well balanced between the neroli and gardenia, though the neroli does get a bit shouty on me at times. The coconut and blueberry are there, quiet, but making things interesting. I like it, but she's a rebound romance. 

Gonna be upfront that my review is not going to be as eloquent as VetchVesper's.

I was hoping for a graceful blueberry floral, but uh, it's just poopy to my nose from the vial. Like, what is happening. I was disappointed and did NOT want to try it, BUT I PUSHED THROUGH and it's okay. Like VetchVesper, it has a gentle blueberry with hint of coconut opening and then the florals comes through, being a bit pushier than I'd like. Overall it's white-floral forward, the blueberry-coconut lingering in the back.  A fine, interesting balance of notes once I get it on my skin.

Hours later, this is very pretty, softly sweet by the fruits. Sheer is definitely accurate. I'm happy to have tried this one as blueberry has been a recent rabbit hole I fell into.

I didn't know I needed a blueberry coconut gardenia scent, but I'm loving this. I'd call it a gentle spring floral with interesting underpinnings.

I had a 2020 ménage with gardenia that obliterated my senses with its potency, so I was nervous about that happening here, but after two tests with Jest, that hasn't been an issue.

The blueberry musk is subtle but adds a unique tint, like the backdrop of the label art, and the coconut is also pretty chill - not too tropical leaning imo. I don't get much clearly discernable neroli until later in the drydown, where it adds some warmth.

My review is an echo of @VetchVesper’s — this is absolutely the enticing blueberry musk of Jinbari. For the first minute. 

After that, it slinks to the background, and this is thereafter a gardenia blend on my skin. Clouds of coconut and neroli drift about this garden, but it’s mainly the gardenia in bloom.

Wet, I get that blueberry, but as soon as this dries on my skin it’s hellOOOOooo gardenia. Nice, because I do love gardenia, but not all I wanted. Then strangely, a few hours in, the gardenia settles and blueberry comes back! And it brings coconut and a slight note of bitter citrus with it. Brava!

I bought this the second I saw the words "blueberry musk."  Imagine my surprise when I opened it this AM--after a few days' rest from the mail--and got a STRONG vinegar smell in the bottle.  As in true fruit vinegar, very sour.  I took my chances, thinking that maybe it was just bottle-tight, and I was right.  In the bottle:  Room temperature was strong fruit vinegar, but after going out and having the bottle in my pocket, it's a lot more blueberry juice.  On, wet:  Blueberries with a sort of...skin musk?  Hard to put a finger on it, blueberries definitely front and center with something else that's a bit sweet and floral but with something non-fruit and non-floral but very clean.  Drydown:  Many hours later, I still have that blueberry thing going on, with a bit sweeter floral and musk thing.  This one is all about the blueberry front and center, backed up by skin musk of some sort.  Not really getting the individual floral notes; it's more of a solid form scent ie not a morpher on me.  This one is key if you are fans of the Lab's blueberry scent but don't want another gourmand!

In the decant: blueberry and spice

This instantly bloomed into a big sweet blueberry gum bubble when I applied it, then as it dried the top of that rolled back to reveal a warm, hearty, creamy, spicy musk with a tinge of blueberry. Sheer is the right word. I'm only catching hints of floral gardenia here and there around the edges of this scent. A creamy (but not foodie or beach-y) coconut is a major component of this scent, accented by musk and sweet blueberry. After five hours it's still going strong.

I am SHOCKED by how much I like this. I am not a florals guy and usually I find sweet&fruity BPALs too much for me. I got a tiny little one-sample vial of this as an order freebie and now I'm weighing whether I want to hunt down a larger decant or just order a bottle.

Grape hubba bubba, with an extra jolt of sugar at first.  Fades to a dusty, sweet blueberry, but it’s not as good as it sounds.  It’s a bit sickly sweet and fake fruity.